WhatsApp coming to Windows and OS X desktop, leaked

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Native clients coming to Windows 10 and OS X desktop, suggested by leaked screenshots.

"WhatsApp appears to be working on native client apps for Windows 10 and OS X systems, according to leaked screenshots shared on Twitter. WhatsApp currently offers ‘WhatsApp for Web’ feature, which mirrors the smartphone version of the app on the web browser, but it doesn’t have separate apps for Windows or OS X.

The screenshots which were shared by WABetaInfo show an option to download the native app client in Windows and OS X. The veracity of the screenshots can’t be confirmed, but there have been talks of WhatsApp working on desktop versions of its app."​

Twitter

Would you like to see Facebook-owned WhatsApp on your desktop?

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I really hope this is true because the current version of having whatsapp on your desktop is really bad, because it mirrors your phone, the connection is really poor and some times messages will not send or load until you go to your phone and open the whatsapp app, which entirely defeats the purpose of having the app on the desktop.

Personally I prefer to use telegram because it's server based and doesn't rely on your phone to send messages, instead it has a native desktop app which allows you to send your messages from there.

I really hope whatsapp follows the foot steps of telegram and migrates its entire platform onto server based communications so messages get sent more reliably.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
What took them so long. :mad:
They should have done this much much earlier.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.