5. Privacy friendly

TairikuOkami

Level 31
Verified
Top poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I use the original Telegram, not the one provided/censored by Google (blue icon with a white line around it), but I hear there are 2-3 better alternatives, but I did not quite catch them.

Reactions: amirr

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
I prefer Signal, but no one is willing to use it... so Whatsapp because Telegram is from.... Russia.....

Reactions: Moonhorse

MrFellow

Level 1
Jun 7, 2022
WhatsApp is so heavily integrated here, that I don't really have a choice. Everyone is on it, from friends and family to your workplace... If I had the choice and people were willing to switch with me, I personally would've preferred Threema.
Same here, WhatsApp and Viber. People don't bother too much to look into it and just go with the trend (whats most popular, and don't look for better privacy and security alternatives).
But I get it, not everyone has the time, will, or interest to look into it.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Always been a user of Whatsapp as most people in my country use it, however I also use Telegram for other things, just not communicating with people from same country. Dont care much about their privacy or encryptions methods since nothing sensible is ever said or shared on either platform.

Frib004

Level 2
Nov 17, 2018
I use both, because I have important groups on WhatsApp, but I prefer Telegram, because it is lighter and you don't have to back up your messages.