Verified
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Latest FAQ aka damage control:

Cortex

Level 25
Verified
Aug 4, 2016
As lots in the family use WhatsApp I will have to continue to use it as before with major limitations, I don't use any other social media, we choose to some lesser degree how much info we give Zuck & his mates, it was always going to be like this.

pablozi

Level 27
Verified
Trusted
Jun 14, 2011
1610560496592.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 43
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
India asks WhatsApp to withdraw new privacy policy over ‘grave concerns’:
India has asked WhatsApp to withdraw the planned change to its privacy policy, posing a new headache to the Facebook-owned service that identifies the South Asian nation as its biggest market by users.

In an email to WhatsApp head Will Cathcart, the nation’s IT ministry said the upcoming update to the app’s data-sharing policy has raised “grave concerns regarding the implications for the choice and autonomy of Indian citizens… Therefore, you are called upon to withdraw the proposed changes.”

The ministry is additionally seeking clarification from WhatsApp on its data-sharing agreement with Facebook and other commercial firms and has asked why users in the EU are exempt from the new privacy policy but their counterpoint in India have no choice but to comply.

mkoundo

Level 4
Verified
Jul 21, 2017
Been test-driving signal (android) for a few days and seems to be a good replacement for whatsapp. There's hardly any difference except you need to download and install the signal client on windows vs a web browser whatsapp. It isn't a deal breaker for me though. (y) :geek: