WhatsApp updates it's privacy policy; data sharing with FB

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
As lots in the family use WhatsApp I will have to continue to use it as before with major limitations, I don't use any other social media, we choose to some lesser degree how much info we give Zuck & his mates, it was always going to be like this.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
1610560496592.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
India asks WhatsApp to withdraw new privacy policy over ‘grave concerns’:
India has asked WhatsApp to withdraw the planned change to its privacy policy, posing a new headache to the Facebook-owned service that identifies the South Asian nation as its biggest market by users.

In an email to WhatsApp head Will Cathcart, the nation’s IT ministry said the upcoming update to the app’s data-sharing policy has raised “grave concerns regarding the implications for the choice and autonomy of Indian citizens… Therefore, you are called upon to withdraw the proposed changes.”

The ministry is additionally seeking clarification from WhatsApp on its data-sharing agreement with Facebook and other commercial firms and has asked why users in the EU are exempt from the new privacy policy but their counterpoint in India have no choice but to comply.

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
Been test-driving signal (android) for a few days and seems to be a good replacement for whatsapp. There's hardly any difference except you need to download and install the signal client on windows vs a web browser whatsapp. It isn't a deal breaker for me though. (y) :geek:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.