Troubleshoot Whea-Logger 19 saw on my 8700K.

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Hello. I have a pc:

8700K ( 4700MHZ is on auto by motherboard )

2x8GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP ON

Corsair 750i

SSD Crucial 525GB MX300

HDD TOSHIBA 500GB

Asus Z370 Pro Gaming bios 0215 from August 2017

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. The newest build 16299.309

Yesterday i was in work all day. Pc was on ,idling. Left in background was only steam + desktop.

Today searching in event logs i met WHEA-LOGGER 19 entry.

Here are screens:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I havent seen any affects that might be caused from this like BSODS or freezing. All stable. Intel diagnostic tool passing. Memtest86 no errors. IHC memtest no errors. Either way should i be concerned of that error or its false positive?

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
I don't see any question.

But at any rate, that entry is from March 16th and does not appear to have happened again since. So I would not worry about it unless it recurs.

If it does recur, check your motherboard's website to see if there is a more current BIOS firmware update.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
I had this errors in 21 january 2018 too. Then they stopped until 16 march 2018.

I was using Windows 10 build 16299.15 ( october 2017 release build ).

And of course pc was idling ,the same. That warnings just coming from nowhere out of the blue.

Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
I still don't see a question.

Of course? And in bold?

Not sure the point there. And it is important to note when you, the user, are idle, Windows and other programs move into action. Windows does some housecleaning like indexing, defragging, checking for and applying updates and more. And security programs scan and check for updates. And your networking check for and acknowledge connections. It is not uncommon for services to momentarily be shutdown during an update and that can toss up an error as other services suddenly miss that update.

We see one entry from days ago. There's really nothing to go on at this point - especially if your computer is running fine otherwise.

Reactions: upnorth
Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Last WHEA - LOGGER 19 Cache hierarchy error ( like on screen above ), was in 16 march when pc was idling with STEAM running on background. And again it stopped and no appearing.

image.jpg

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Hey last time.I must ask you.

I was talking with somebody from INTEL forum.

I:
"Yes i checked my inbox. Thank you for help. But is any sense to RMA cpu if this happened 2 times during 2 months? I am playing all games without that WHEA-WARNINGS . I am stress testing cpu actually and no warnings whea. I had WHEA-WARNINGS 19 only in 21 january 2018 and 16 march 2018 when pc was idle."

He:
"
The reason why I am offering you to proceed with an RMA is that this can be hardware related and with some processes, this processor can be generating this errors. In the case that the WHEA Warnings errors persist please follow the instructions provided in that message in your inbox."

So he can be right that with some processes ( idle ) cpu generating error? Even if this happened on 21 january and not in actual time.

What you think?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.