Troubleshoot WHEA-LOGGER 19 when idling .Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error. Asus Z370 Tuf issue?

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
whea logs warning
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
all
Hello. I am checking event logs from 23.10.2018 and have spam of WHEA-LOGGER 19 entries, each every 1 minute,when system is idling or i am just in windows/desktop.

When i run all stress tests and benches and games like Assassin Creed, Far Cry 5,etc,all heavy for cpu and system....no whea in events. But when i am idling or doing something in windows or idling its logging in events. System is smooth and no crashing or data corruption.

Is this reason to worry? My actually Windows 10 is 1803.

Ah and i remember i had them too on 21.01 january but they dissapeared after 21.01 january.

On january 21.01 , Windows 10 1709 build 16299.15 it was.

But now they appeared again after few months. I must say that i was little surprised that i saw them again after few months especially on idle .

Windows 10 1803 actually.

A spam of:

WHEA Event ID 19 CPU-corrected hw error

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Corrected Machine Check

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Screens are from january 21.01 but this is the same of course warning whea entry:

u8.jpg

f313336c-dc07-49e7-bc85-790bddcd5f46.jpg

My pc:

8700K ( MCE is on , always was on 4700mhz )

2x8GB DDR4 3000MHZ GSKILL

Corsair 750rmi

Asus Z370 Pro Gaming ( bios old from august 2017 )

Gtx 2080 Ti Gigabyte Windforce ( actually ). On january i had Aorus 1080 ti.

1xssd , 1xHdd

Dont have any crashing,no freezing,no bsods,scores are fine etc.

In 15.10 october i add only new GPU Rtx 2080 Ti , before was 1080 Ti. Coincidence?

For Rtx 2080 ti minimum version is 1803 version Windows 10, maybe should i have 1809 Windows 10 ?

Anyway no problems with card,no issues etc.

So question. ANyway is this reason to worry or skip it if they stop it again?

Maybe something with voltage or something ( reading reddit ) but they appeared when system was idling ( not gaming ) and i was away from pc.

All drivers installed. Gpu drivers 411.70. Tried the newest and the same.

Thanks

ps:No errors in ihc memtest i checked in past .

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
There are news floating around on the net indicate multiple problems from RTX 2080 and a massive return RTX 2080 as well, but I am not really sure if this is the culprit to your problem. Did you run DDU before installing RTX 2080? Can you reset the BIOS back to default?

As long your PC doesn't crash and corrupt files than I think nothing to worry about.

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
From the title, it seems there's a problem with the CPU or its voltage. If you under/over volted 8700K consider switching to BIOS defaults and see if the issues are fixed or not? If not, I think you might have to RMA the CPU. You can also swap out the PSU to see if it fixes the issue. To me, it looks the CPU is dying.
My friend had a laptop with 7820HK and GTX 1080 and whilst undervolting it had same WHEA errors and after replacing the mobo the problem went away.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
I had them too WHEA-LOGGER 19 events on 21.01 january but they dissapeared after 21.01 january just itself.

Gpu was 1080 ti Aorus.
But now they appeared again after few months ( from 23.10 october ) after plugging new GPU 2080 Ti . Windows 1803 the newest build actually.

And only on idle not on load i have that events heh. They appearing every minute only on idle,not load.

So if cpu is faulty, why not reporting every minute whea 19 ( warning ) during load ( i mean on games and benches ) ?
But only on idle. And i dont have freezing and bsods :)

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I had them too WHEA-LOGGER 19 events on 21.01 january but they dissapeared after 21.01 january just itself.

Gpu was 1080 ti Aorus.
But now they appeared again after few months ( from 23.10 october ) after plugging new GPU 2080 Ti . Windows 1803 the newest build actually.

And only on idle not on load i have that events heh. They appearing every minute only on idle,not load.

So if cpu is faulty, why not reporting every minute whea 19 ( warning ) during load ( i mean on games and benches ) ?
But only on idle. And i dont have freezing and bsods :)
At idle you say? Its really bad and I'd suggest you add some extra +50-100mV and see if it helps. If it doesn't help, you might have you RMA CPU.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
like i said it appeared after plugging 2080 ti ,and only when idling. So i guess its dumb bios in my mobo. Cpu is not faulty < i pray at least ) cause all benches are stress tests are passing man.

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
like i said it appeared after plugging 2080 ti ,and only when idling. So i guess its dumb bios in my mobo. Cpu is not faulty < i pray at least ) cause all benches are stress tests are passing man.
No. Can you check the voltage at idle using ThrottleStop or HWINFO and post a screenie? Also use GPUz to verify if your GPU is having less ASIC quality or higher. If it is less than 60% then return it, most of the low ASIC have power target that kills the GPU quickly.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
i found a pretty weird. When i dont open gpuz there are not whea logger in events each minute on idle only. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Cap1.PNG

No one is going to provide you with an explanation because no one knows the answer. There are a lot of errors in the Event logs. Most of them are cryptic and very few if anyone knows exactly what those errors mean.

What is going to happen is that you will be sent searching for ghosts or on a wild goose chase. To determine the causes of these type errors is not any easy task in that there is a very wide range of things you would have to look at.

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
i found a pretty weird. When i dont open gpuz there are not whea logger in events each minute on idle only. Any ideas?
New version of GPU-z reports CPU temps. Just provide a screenshot in ThrottleStop with VID values as well. I suspect a BIOS update might have reduced input voltage and using TS you can overvolt and increase ICC max values to higher values and see if it helps!
Never ignore WHEA errors if you're covered in warranty.
View attachment 200941

No one is going to provide you with an explanation because no one knows the answer. There are a lot of errors in the Event logs. Most of them are cryptic and very few if anyone knows exactly what those errors mean.

What is going to happen is that you will be sent searching for ghosts or on a wild goose chase. To determine the causes of these type errors is not any easy task in that there is a very wide range of things you would have to look at.
They need more cash now so any errors will be pushed by them into Trash to force people to buy new hardware.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
According to this topic.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...on)-not-working-Bios-fix-required-ASAP/page13

My motherboard have issue with vdroop,load line calibration , so i am getting that whea logger 19 only on idle,yes? So its my mobo fault i must rma or i can live with that if i dont have any side effects ?

Each whea warning 19 appear only on idle,1 warning each 1 minute. It happens even when i have killed all process in background.
No crashes,no freezes,etc,smooth all.

During load ,games or benchmarking no warnings in event log.

Reactions: Vasudev
Upvote 0

According to this topic.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...on)-not-working-Bios-fix-required-ASAP/page13

My motherboard have issue with vdroop,load line calibration , so i am getting that whea logger 19 only on idle,yes? So its my mobo fault i must rma or i can live with that if i dont have any side effects ?

Each whea warning 19 appear only on idle,1 warning each 1 minute. It happens even when i have killed all process in background.

If you search for the error online you will find multiple threads here and there that cover it. No one knows the answer as to why it is happening. You're looking for a definitive answer that no one can provide.

Reactions: Vasudev
Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
According to this topic.

Most likely might need a mobo swap or modded BIOS.
You can ask TheBOSS619 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 and ask if your mobo can flash modded BIOS and tweak the LLC to negative offset and fix the WHEA errors aka Hardware Faults. He's good with BIOS mods and first ask the BIOS recovery steps first in case you brick your Mobo.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Somebody said from Intel:" Yes, that is a good idea. You can check the motherboard's forums. As mentioned before, I would contact ASUS support first they might help you identify if there is something wrong with the motherboard. Since one of the triggers is plugging with the video card, yes it could be related to card or drivers. "

So maybe its related to this?

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
hey little update. I change power plan to high performance ( 4700mhz clock on idle and voltage 1.4 core voltage according to cpuz ) and the same whea logger 19 every minute on log. So then i change to power saver to lock on 800mhz - 1200mhz with low voltage and the same logs. Only on idle it happens.

During games or cinebench no wheas ( even with 4700mhz and voltage ). So i am lost now. So if this is not voltage so what?

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
hey little update. I change power plan to high performance ( 4700mhz clock on idle and voltage 1.4 core voltage according to cpuz ) and the same whea logger 19 every minute on log. So then i change to power saver to lock on 800mhz - 1200mhz with low voltage and the same logs. Only on idle it happens.

During games or cinebench no wheas ( even with 4700mhz and voltage ). So i am lost now. So if this is not voltage so what?
Clearly I think your CPU is failing/failed or 1.4 VCore isn't enough and its really high. With that voltage you can reach 5.1GHz.
Just look around Overclockers.net or HWBOT XTU settings for your CPU for optimal voltage.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
On full load with 4700mhz , 1.4v-1.45v i dont get whea logs. Its ony happends on idle no matter what voltage, or steady 1.4-1.45 ( with full performance mode ) or even on balanced mode , when clocks and voltages are fluctuatins. So ?

So its not voltage like you said. Because the same voltage on idle and wheas appearing,and the same voltage on FULL LOAD and no wheas.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.