When memory your antivirus is consuming at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
QZLHX34.png

ESET Smart Security two services.

Reactions: mal1 and safe1st

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Well Im ESET user too :D
Even up 180 MB ram usage, it still very light in my opinion..

Reactions: Jrs30

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Well Im ESET user too :D
Even up 180 MB ram usage, it still very light in my opinion..
I think he takes too, when I used Avast Premier, he consumed between 230MB / 240MB, when there was a scan that number rose a lot! o_O

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Yes very light,but eset must improve their phishing protection it missed lots of those.
Phishing in ESET seems very good, always crazy blocking sites that I go :D

Reactions: safe1st

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I still can not believe with the systems of today, people still worry about this. I would be willing to bet most of you if not all have at the very minimum 4 gig of Ram.
With antivirus I do not care, but with time the system gets heavy depending on AV, as happened with you, changed ESET, so far it seems to me light :)

H

hjlbx

It is not just physical memory (RAM), but also drive space consumption and CPU load. Data, signatures, rules, registry, etc - gets cluttered over time. But I think it is not just AV - but AV is usually the most intensive program on system in most cases.

There are more effective solutions, but not suitable for beginner\novice.

I

illumination

It is not just physical memory (RAM), but also drive space consumption and CPU load. Data, signatures, rules, registry, etc - gets cluttered over time. But I think it is not just AV - but AV is usually the most intensive program on system in most cases.

exactly, I was getting to this. I wanted to point out first with the amount of ram I have and it not using any more then normal, it was getting quite heavy. You like many others, know I am running a Asus ROG which is far from under powered, and if Eset is weighing down my system to the point I notice it, it is becoming bloated.

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016

My notebook has 6GB of Ram, and starts only get heavy when it gets on many days! Is nine days he does not know WHAT is rest, the system is still light, not ah crashes or lags.
Imagine many days connected with an AV that consumes too much memory, I think it should take effect ...
Only thing that makes me really angry is the problem that Windows 8.1 has Insists lead (drive) ah 100%, did not have it with Windows 7, memory is only 35% browsing and doing light things during the day ( use Firefox, Chrome do not know lol)
CPU does not interfere here, even when I'm editing a complex picture, there begins to take effect on the CPU, even more because it has certain plugins for Photoshop that requires a lot of system

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.