TMullins

Jan 8, 2022
I don't have a tip, I just need some help. When using the malware removal guide for Mac, step 1, my computer will not allow me to remove the unwanted profiles without putting in a password. I get a "Profiles needs your password" message or something like that. I'm stuck at Step 1 already!

TMullins

Jan 8, 2022
How are you. I guess the problem is that you don't have the password, correct?
I do, but I got scared when I saw that screen. The reason I'm doing this is that I have a popup "Apple wants to make changes" virus and the screen looks just like the one that says "Profiles wants to make changes." I wanted to be sure that it is OK for me to put in my user name and password for the Profiles one. It makes sense that I would be safe to do so since I'm the one initiating the changes, but I didn't want to make a big mistake I'd regret.

Balrog

Level 5
May 5, 2015
I do, but I got scared when I saw that screen. The reason I'm doing this is that I have a popup "Apple wants to make changes" virus and the screen looks just like the one that says "Profiles wants to make changes." I wanted to be sure that it is OK for me to put in my user name and password for the Profiles one. It makes sense that I would be safe to do so since I'm the one initiating the changes, but I didn't want to make a big mistake I'd regret.
I understand. It should not be a problem that you enter the password, an attack of another nature does not need your password to act.