Where can I find and guides to harden my Windows 10 around here?

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
The questions is simple. Although I tried, I can't seem to find any comprehensive guide that would include a tutorial about how to lock down Windows 10 as much as possible (such as disabling execution of script files, disabling auto-run, disabling remote desktop and other unnecessary and potentionally dangerous Windows services, etc..., etc...).

Is there anything like this on this great forum :)?

I also found a lot of weird settings in the so called Windows Defender Security Center. Such as core isolation:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...rotection-in-windows-defender-security-center

And I have no idea how should I tweak those setting... Anyone here feels the same?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Debotnet check the total virus and Free automated malware analysis service: developed by Falcon Sandbox, contains malware and breaks windows

I checked this one Windows 10 Privacy Guide - May 2019 Update on VT too, only two out of how many engines?. Anyway, this guy switched to Linux and no longer maintains or updates the guide. In fact, he was looking for someone to take over maintenance and probably never found anyone.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.