Where could i download malware samples?

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
i registered in hybrid analysis but i can't download any sample , i 've heard virus total premiun account cost like 500$ and that too much for me..any could help me?
Its invitation only.

There are steps for you to apply

The Malware Vault forum is now an INVITATION based forum, and some of the content is limited to the AV-Testers group only (example: Download links for malware samples).
Members can still see the test results for each product, however they cannot reply or create new threads in the Malware Hub.
To join the activity of this forum you will need to contact a staff member. There is a 30 days trial process to join the AV-Testers group.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Is shadow defender as secure as a VM ?
Yes, but it's a different concept, a VM is a totally virtual OS running on the real OS (for malware testing it must be isolated from the real OS) and you can also reboot it, instead with Shadow Defender the real OS is virtualized and secure and when you exit from Shadow Defender you return to the real OS, please keep in mind to encrypt and hide important files when you test malware with Shadow Defender. If you use a VM don't keep important files in the VM.

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Yes, but it's a different concept, a VM is a totally virtual OS running on the real OS (for malware testing it must be isolated from the real OS) and you can also reboot it, instead with Shadow Defender the real OS is virtualized and secure and when you exit from Shadow Defender you return to the real OS, please keep in mind to encrypt and hide important files when you test malware with Shadow Defender. If you use a VM don't keep important files in the VM.

Aren’t there malware “out there” which break virtualization? I’m sure there must exist exploitable cves for all forms of virtualization

invisible_hack

Thread author
Dec 21, 2018
Its invitation only.

There are steps for you to apply

The Malware Vault forum is now an INVITATION based forum, and some of the content is limited to the AV-Testers group only (example: Download links for malware samples).
Members can still see the test results for each product, however they cannot reply or create new threads in the Malware Hub.
To join the activity of this forum you will need to contact a staff member. There is a 30 days trial process to join the AV-Testers group.
Thank you, could i apply to this process if i'm a newbie in reverse engineering? i'm currently learning to crack programs with olly and IDA Pro .

Reactions: barbyboy and RXZ6Q

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.