Which 3rd-party browser has best security features?

Which 3rd-party browser has best security features?

• Google Chrome

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 30 40.0%
  • Yandex Browser beta

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • All the major browsers are secure enough

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • I sandbox my browser, so I don't care

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Slimjet

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Cent Browser

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

Some browsers have interesting security features, so let's put it on the table.

You're not going to get much feedback on Yandex. Nobody uses it here. On top of it, if you research Yandex browser vulnerabilities and such, you might rethink your decision to swtich and return to Chrome, Edge or whatever you were using previously. Yandex browser has vulnerabilities that are discovered but go unreported, whereas Chrome, Edge have bounty programs. Yandex is not that great if you dig deeper.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You're not going to get much feedback on Yandex. Nobody uses it here. On top of it, if you research Yandex browser vulnerabilities and such, you might rethink your decision to swtich and return to Chrome, Edge or whatever you were using previously. Yandex browser has vulnerabilities that are discovered but go unreported, whereas Chrome, Edge have bounty programs. Yandex is not that great if you dig deeper.
Ah, that is what I was waiting for! Thanks for the informed feedback.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If you don't speak Russian or Turkish, you are very unlikely to be targeted by malware exploiting a vulnerability in Yandex.
And if the vulnerability affects all chromium-based browsers, it will be patched.

If you don't speak Russian or Turkish, you are very unlikely to be targeted by malware exploiting a vulnerability in Yandex.
And if the vulnerability affects all chromium-based browsers, it will be patched.

That seems like a reasonable logic except if you dig deeper on Yandex you will find the criminal elements target it. Of course Yandex browser is not going to have nearly as many vulns as Chrome itself because it is built upon it.

I am out of this discussion. You guys have to learn and figure it out for yourselves. Research it.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Some browsers have interesting security features, so let's put it on the table.

Shmu26, add please Slimjet and Cent browsers to your pool, cause their exceptional security features...

My Slimjet has tracking prevention options:

Send a "do not track" request,
Block cross-domain HTTP referrer,
Block social network Javascript on third-party websites,
Block Google ads on third-party websites,
Replace indirect link in search engine results with direct link to original site
Clear ..selected items.. on exit,
.. and: Protect you and your device from dangerous sites, of course.

CENT browser has:
too: Protect you and your device from dangerous sites, and:
Send "Do not track" request,
Clear browsing data on exit,
Disable WebRTC,
Prevent my local IP addresses from leaking by WebRTC,
Disable HTML5 canvas fingerprinting,
Disable access of battery status,
Enable access to audio devices,
Enable access to video devices,
Disable screenshots by extension API.

Have you another browser with features like these above, please? - portable please

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.