Which antivirus/internet security packages overall are the most value for money?

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
Hello everyone I have a question

Which antivirus/internet security packages are the most value for money overall?

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Download trial versions of popular suites(which you like) emisoft,Kaspersky,Norton and test it on your machine and find out which match you the best...

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Any respectful free antivirus + Windows Firewall + UAC + common sense about downloading files and using secure browser with security extensions for browsing the web.

You can't get a better value than that.

Paid security suites are for users who don't have common pc security knowledge and the paid solutions still fail to protect them.

If a user has common pc security knowledge then they would not even need an AV. Just UAC alone with their knowledge about downloading file safely would protect them.

Thanks. :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I don't think I've come across and that are value for money.

However, I do think a certain Anti-Malware company; Malwarebytes are worth your money. Not because of the Pro (paid) version, but because they provide a Free service of removing malware without it costing the user.

D

Deleted member 178

Littlebits said:
Any respectful free antivirus + Windows Firewall + UAC + common sense about downloading files and using secure browser with security extensions for browsing the web.

cant say better, i am one of the most paranoid user overhere and i tried MSE + smartscreen +UAC + Win Fw for 1-2 months and i was not infected once; my security softs are now mostly a kind of entertainment than really needed softs to me ^^

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Try comodo internet security premium.Its totally free,cant get better value for money than that lol.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you have to dish out another extra of lump of cash for Malware Removal, then I would say that Vendor's software is NOT value for money. Same goes to Software Installation, paying customers should not need to pay extra for their software to be installed.

Also what is good Customer Service, is something think about.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
I agree with most folks here, really...MT is very valuable for gathering many useful informations, you won't find it on another security forum :D :D

You can't go wrong just because using free internet security, there are many excellent products out there which provide good protection and both are free and paid. Just because it's a paid software doesn't mean it's better than the free one I think, but...if for some reason you feel like this "I think I owe my life with this vendor, they provide a good protection for free, I think I should buy the full product to show my appreciate" then it would be great :)

From my humble opinion..Malwarebytes is well deserved our money, they provide good malware removal and we users can use it every time for free :)

I often see my friends blaming his/her internet security suite just because the software was fail to protect them (both are free and paid by the way) I told them not your internet security was fail to protect you, your Av/IS already warned you..but you simply ignored it..so this means you failed to protect your computer, not your IS ;)

my security softs are now mostly a kind of entertainment than really needed softs to me ^^

lol...just for an entertainment :D

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I also use 3rd party av's just because I am curious about current products/versions/features and like to feel a bit more safe than using just MS protection.
For a more novice user, I believe Kaspersky, Emsisoft and ESET are good options for paid AV's.

Reactions: software182

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Personally I would NOT pay for an AV, there are many free good solutions! :)

But, if I had to, I would choose among:
Norton - Eset - Emsisoft - TrendMicro - Kaspersky

(I like DrWeb so much, but it's quite expensive :confused:)

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Tiranium is only 9,99€ for 6 months or you can use the free licence :)
Firewall + AntiVirus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.