Battle Which antivirus is better Bitdefender Total Security 2016 or Eset Smart Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
That is true, because a 64 bit PC got petty of room for the AV to run around in; That happen to me, when i add 8 more GB of ram to my old PC back in 2010.

That's true and if you have X99 motherboard on custom PC, you can add up to maximum 128GB DDR4 RAM which is insane for Intel to do this. But this is depend on certain X99 motherboard because some can do this, and some don't.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Well, good thing is i have OS install on SSD to process things faster. In addition with 32GB DDR3 RAM and i7-4790k that should be no problem of handle Bitdefender. However, i don't want Bitdefender to use more than 150MB in general because that is way too much for antivirus single engine itself. They could do something about Bitdefender Security Service process because that's the only Bitdefender process consume that much RAM.

You got a Super Computer man. You are not eligible to advice on system impact of Antivirus :p

I have my college desktop ( still working) which has 40 GB HDD and you got 32 GB RAM :D:D:D:D

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
You got a Super Computer man. You are not eligible to advice on system impact of Antivirus :p

I have my college desktop ( still working) which has 40 GB HDD and you got 32 GB RAM :D:D:D:D

Actually, 250GB SSD for OS, and 3TB HDD ( 1TB + 2TB and i don't know why do this instead of picking a single 3TB but i got good deal for both of them under $100) for entertainment media.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
We've ESET Smart Security installed on Windows 7 SP 1. It's a smooth system with 4 GB RAM, and my wife is quite a happy with ESET (which makes me happy:)) while browsing with a sandbox & Malwarebytes Anti-exploit present for added protection against Zero Day threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.