Which antivirus product has built in Anti keylogger function?

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I am using 360 Total Security now and it has this feature.

upload_2016-1-20_10-45-55.png

D

Deleted member 178

depend what you means by "anti-keylogging"

there is several methods:

1- detection: almost all AV would detect them
2- blocking: any Av with HIPS/BB and firewall would block the logging & transmission of datas.
3- encryption: few have this method, Spyshelter , Keyscrambler and HMPA use it.
4- masking: the only one i heard using it is Covert Pro ;

H

hjlbx

Best method to deal with keylogger is to block using firewall.

Anti-keyloggers are notoriously unreliable; their track record shows they block against some - but not all.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
L

LabZero

Best method to deal with keylogger is to block using firewall.

Anti-keyloggers are notoriously unreliable; their track record shows they block against some - but not all.
The best apps are standalone as Zemana Antilogger that use blank output enryption method: only the application with keyboard focus receives the keystrokes while others are blocked.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
KIS is designed to protect against Keylogger.

Do you mean detection-based? then yes, Keyloggers are detected by Kaspersky as not-a-virus.
If you are referring to anti-keylogging protection, then that is Secure Keyboard Input. This is the designed to protect against keylogging. This only works for safe money & passwords as i said.

Reactions: harlan4096

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Keylogging is a very general term , there are many, many types of keyloggers - hardware, software based, local, remote, browser script based,screenlogger,camloggers,clipboardloggers,mouseloggers all effective in revealing text and other content. As @Umbra notes an interactive firewall + well configured HIPS/BB will work well with even the FUD types.Noscript can provide good layer in your browser but at losing some points in usability.Next come the preventive types which always assume you are having some kind of keylogger on the system and hence the need for encryption.These include antiloggers(which alert user)virtual keyboards,password managers with drag'n drop and clipboard evasion(which do not alert the user).

I use Eset +Zemana(cant waste the license) Thanks @Klipsh

But if you are willingly putting information in a phising page then nothing can be done.;)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.