Which antivirus product has built in Anti keylogger function?

L

LabZero

Is "blank out encryption" also a keystroke encryption technique?
Recently I analyzed a keylogger written in VB that, after decompiling, I saw it implemented a stable and secure method using a Windows api. This api (SetWindowsHookEx) allowed to hook it to a hardware and listen to it and allows you to intercept before of Windows.
Just the first part of the code activates the hook keeping in memory the handle to be able to dump it at the end, in practice it hooks up to the keyboard and performs a callback to the keyboardcallback function.

This callback function is invoked whenever a key is pressed. Then it copies the value from the memory in a structure.
This structure contains the variable vkCode that contains the key that was pressed. Then processing that key, you're done ...
Many KLs using this process implemented in the code.
Zemana, although this method, if the KL captures keystrokes, all they are encrypted random characters and single "target" application will be able to understand what you're typing.
Although no method is 100% bullet-proof, I think this is one of best practices against KL.

D

Deleted member 2913

ESET encrypts all keystrokes and protects online financial transactions (hardened browser) so I think no.
GR8...I dont use HTTPS filtering so good to know doesn't affect banking browser.
Is Eset AntiPhishing strong?
Guess Eset has the best PUP detection, right?
99% of time I find PUP on average users system compared to malware. So I am looking for security product with good malware detection & good PUP detection instead of great malware detection & weak PUP detection.

Reactions: Mihir :-)
L

LabZero

GR8...I dont use HTTPS filtering so good to know doesn't affect banking browser.
Is Eset AntiPhishing strong?
Guess Eset has the best PUP detection, right?
99% of time I find PUP on average users system compared to malware. So I am looking for security product with good malware detection & good PUP detection instead of great malware detection & weak PUP detection.
In my old previous brief test, PUP and anti phishing protection looks good, some FP but it was the BETA...

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

In my old previous brief test, PUP and anti phishing protection looks good, some FP but it was the BETA...
On my family system too I see occasional PUP, toolbars, etc... Currently the system is with Windows Defender.
I have Norton & Eset license but I m still deciding to install on the family system. I think Norton is weak in PUP detection.
Any other security that has better PUP detection than Eset or Eset detects PUP better than others? I dont worry Eset proactive protection as find it good if not great.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
On my family system too I see occasional PUP, toolbars, etc... Currently the system is with Windows Defender.
I have Norton & Eset license but I m still deciding to install on the family system. I think Norton is weak in PUP detection.
Any other security that has better PUP detection than Eset or Eset detects PUP better than others? I dont worry Eset proactive protection as find it good if not great.
Use unchecky if you are really concerned, the Eset detection is fine regarding adware/PUPs never had a problem so far.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.