Battle Which antivirus provides the best protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
The best thing is that you, Go to Youtube and search Antivirus review. So you will find many tests of antivirus programs on how they are performing .. As you can see for yourself which antivirus program that would suit you.

Naaah youtube is nice and yes there are many people doing reviews as on this community we have some great reviewers.
However sample pack reviews do not really contribute to a programs trustworthiness and proven effectiveness.
Its nice to play around with but VERY overrated.

Besides that not a soul on earth needs a review to know that KAV and ESET both rock in every way.

Zeitas

Level 2
Verified
Apr 27, 2014
Naaah youtube is nice and yes there are many people doing reviews as on this community we have some great reviewers.
However sample pack reviews do not really contribute to a programs trustworthiness and proven effectiveness.
Its nice to play around with but VERY overrated.

Besides that not a soul on earth needs a review to know that KAV and ESET both rock in every way.

I can agree with that KAV and ESET does a great job. I myself have used KAV and ESET few times. But I think both KAV and ESET "Rape my CPU and Memory"

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I can agree with that KAV and ESET does a great job. I myself have used KAV and ESET few times. But I think both KAV and ESET "Rape my CPU and Memory"

That really depend on what programs you run and how you did configuration your pc and how you config your AV.
If installed properly on a properly configured OS with proper updates and good computer habits both are a breeze to run.
Most people play around to much, do not maintain their pc properly and have all kinds of addons running thinking they maintain best practices. Usually if your AV needs to work hard then its usually a sign that your PC data structure is a mess.
Overtime both will run faster as they snapshot your PC and thus next scans will be much faster.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
There is no proof at all that any security product can offer all users the same or better protection than what others can offer.
It all depends on your download habits, if you keep your software and Windows updated and if you utilize UAC prompts and never approve something that you don't know for sure is safe.

Security products just help you when you make mistakes with downloading and running infected files, none will be able to protect a reckless user who doesn't take precautions.

Thanks. :D

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
An antivirus is a system that will analyze files and determine whether they are safe or not. Sometimes, when there is no definition for a new virus, the only protection you will have is your own intelligence. You are a system that can analyze files and determine if they're safe too. "Where did this file come from? Is it from a reliable source?"

If you are looking for an antivirus that will protect you so you can open any file recklessly, then I suggest you just use an old PC that you can discard later. And don't use it to open your emails or bank account, or anything personal, because if you run unknown files recklessly you will get infected sooner or later.

However, if you are careful, then the antivirus can fulfill its secondary function in protecting you. As stated above by me and others, your habits play a more important role than your antivirus. Your actions, from updating Windows to running new files, will determine the outcome.

Having said that, I'd agree ESET is a good choice (lightweight and effective). But others such as Norton, Kasperky, and even free antiviruses like avast!, can protect you well enough. Paid or free will depend on the level of support you think you'll need. But beware, some companies offer very poor support, although virus removal may be better in paid products. Sorry if I raised more questions than I answered, but that's just how it goes ;)

D

Deleted member 178

i use Trust Port but i think bitdefender is best !
product of year!:D

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

xefvPtv.gif

QyG19vyl.jpg

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Reactions: Koroke San
I

illumination

You can become infected with any of these products if you have poor surfing habits and choice making. If you are the type that downloads a program, and the security pops up warning you, and you click allow just because you want to try this software that looks so cool, you have just infected your own system. At that point, the security did not fail you, you did.

This scenario is how most people end up infected now days, coupled with unpatched systems of course being another reason.
So i would recommend putting "learn better surfing habits" in the number 1 position of the top 5.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
You can become infected with any of these products if you have poor surfing habits and choice making. If you are the type that downloads a program, and the security pops up warning you, and you click allow just because you want to try this software that looks so cool, you have just infected your own system. At that point, the security did not fail you, you did.

This scenario is how most people end up infected now days, coupled with unpatched systems of course being another reason.
So i would recommend putting "learn better surfing habits" in the number 1 position of the top 5.
Yes indeed!:):)
A good point!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.