Battle Which Antivirus Vendor Do You TRUST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This was a challenging question to consider.:confused: I use Avast! on one Windows lap top with 8.1,:) and we have ESET NOD on the other with 7.:cool: Although I hadn't thought about which could be the most trustworthy (most times I contemplate "Which one is thwarting infections more efficiently?"o_O instead):p I'd therefore taken an educated guess by marking *ESET, with better than Las Vegas odds (I think..).:rolleyes:

E

eight

1. Windows Defender
2. Trend Micro
3. Bitdefender

This was a challenging question to consider

Challenging o_O How :confused: Probably for you.

(most times I contemplate
"Which one is thwarting infections more efficiently?")

Read post # 1 :

Nowadays, companies are trackin' down data like eating cookies (do you get it?)

It has been clearly stated tracking down data & cookies. Privacy is the parameter of trust. Do you get it ?

This thread is not about which Anti-Virus Vendor offers the best online protection.

This was a challenging question to consider.:confused: I use Avast! on one Windows lap top with 8.1,:) and we have ESET NOD on the other with 7.:cool: Although I hadn't thought about which could be the most trustworthy (most times I contemplate "Which one is thwarting infections more efficiently?"o_O instead):p I'd therefore taken an educated guess by marking *ESET, with better than Las Vegas odds (I think..).:rolleyes:

No offence but try to Keep It Short & Simple. Why type a paragraph when the answer is just 1 sentence ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nissimezra

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I VOTED: (Other Avira) Avira being from Germany... I assume many experienced PC users there hate having their privacy violated. An example of this would be Google tracking, hence the "Google is Evil" tag I read about on the web, and then comes the Iron Browser from Germany with better privacy then Google Chrome.

So I think Avira probably will be less obtrusive in collecting data. ;)

Last edited:
E

eight

trend micro & interpol.jpg

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/30/trend-micro-interpol-idUSnPn3mWlz1 88 PRN20140930

http://www.zdnet.com/article/trend-micro-to-share-threat-information-with-interpol/

http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlab.../law-enforcement-cooperation-and-trend-micro/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.