Battle Which Antivirus Vendor Do You TRUST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmzbg79

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 28, 2014
I would put my trust in Kaspersky or Bitdefender ,because these two programs are the best at cleaning infected systems...What reason in putting your trust in a program that detects a virus ,but can not clean it...

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Since we are using an AV we are trusting the vendor,me for example i am trusting Comodo right now.

But if you don't trust anyone you have a few choices,install Linux and you won't be needing an AV or you can be a malware expert like Malware1 and use only scanners not real time protection;) so the vendor won't collect your data:)

p.s: I think most people including me don't choose an AV by having in mind that it will collect their data but how good is going to protect them. User privacy i think is a secondary reason for choosing an AV but from what i have learned here in this forum it should be among the primary reasons.

So it's time for me to start doing what i am learning here:D

p.s.2: Who do i choose? Emsisoft and Avira;)

Reactions: jamescv7

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
p.s: I think most people including me don't choose an AV by having in mind that it will collect their data but how good is going to protect them. User privacy i think is a secondary reason for choosing an AV but from what i have learned here in this forum it should be among the primary reasons.

So it's time for me to start doing what i am learning here:D

p.s.2: Who do i choose? Emsisoft and Avira;)

This link should help you in deciding on either Emsisoft, or Avira.
http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/avc_datasending_2014_en.pdf

Reactions: tonibalas and Sven

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
Im not fully trusted any, but if i had to chose, i chose ESET, well the cause of my chose is quite weird for me though, its simply because of the fights that happened between ESET and Viber when ESE found out that Viber downloading something without the user knowing. It might not related, but it did gain my trust a little bit

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I find this thread absurd...You trust whichever anti-virus you choose to install and run.Why on earth would you run any software if you did not trust it.?

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
I find this thread absurd...You trust whichever anti-virus you choose to install and run.Why on earth would you run any software if you did not trust it.?

We run the software because its protect us from emerging viruses and Malware, but this forum asking question on trusting on regarding the Privacy matter. So we might have different view on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.