Which AV is better? IOBit Malware Fighter Pro vs Umbra Total Security?

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hello there!

I've been carefully reading @Spawn's post about this wonderful software called: IOBit Malware Fighter Pro: Discuss - "Why IObit Malware Fighter 7 is all the security protection you’ll ever need" which combines the best reviews by IT exerts, such as Softonic and PCMAG, with the market's leading technology to protect against the latest malware affecting users: scareware.

So, I've been thinking if I should ditch my current antivirus, Umbra Total Security: Off-Topic - Umbra Total Security Test and Review, which has been recommended here by our experts and has been working flawlessly cleaning my PC and all computers on a surround area on 10KM that doesn't even have it installed, since its protection includes over-the-air malware detection capabilities.

What do you think I should use as my daily protection? Take into account, I use Macrium Reflect as my main operating system.

Thanks in advance.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Well it depends on how much you are willing to invest... Umbra's solution has a wider area of effect and requires less licenses to protect your entire city. Both have over 200% detection rate being able to clean malware that hasn't even been written yet so you'd be equally protect with either. I recommend you test them in your machine although both are know to have 0 bugs and have less than 0.01% system impact.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Well it depends on how much you are willing to invest... Umbra's solution has a wider area of effect and requires less licenses to protect your entire city. Both have over 200% detection rate being able to clean malware that hasn't even been written yet so you'd be equally protect with either. I recommend you test them in your machine although both are know to have 0 bugs and have less than 0.01% system impact.
I actually heard that the mere thought of a cybercriminal on writing a piece of malware, already updates Umbra Total Security's database with the thought's HASH and deletes it without even existing yet.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I actually heard that the mere thought of a cybercriminal on writing a piece of malware, already updates Umbra Total Security's database with the thought's HASH and deletes it without even existing yet.

It was actually going to delete the malware coder but the authorities decided that would be murder and the feature had to be removed.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I recommend to use them both together. They're fully compatible with each other. The combination of these two provides a very strong extra multi layered protection which can even survive nuclear explosions.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
First, forget Macrium Reflect as your main OS and install MELD (Mind Emulation & Latent Detection) OS. After installation you won't even need any security as it telekinetically processes all data and eliminates any potential malware before it is created by a patented process.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I recommend to use them both together. They're fully compatible with each other. The combination of these two provides a very strong extra multi layered protection which can even survive nuclear explosions.

I don't recommend it. Controlled lab tests show that although this combination offers 400% protection it also deletes malware backwards in time. Fortunately the testers aborted the scan when it was less than 1% done otherwise all malware ever written would have been eliminated causing the antivirus industry to never happen. The paradox would have destroyed the entire space-time continuum.

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I just caught IOBit Malware Fighter contacting 1 (ONE) IP address. This could mean it's trying to update, but it clearly means it's stealing all my information and secrets; therefore I had to uninstall and sue the company. Back to Umbra Total Security.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Can anybody help me? I have installed IOBit Malware Fighter once again, to work beside Umbra Total Security (2023 version) but apparently their technologies are so powerful each one detects the other as malware. Nevertheless as both processes are sandboxed they're in a deleting, detecting and failing loop making birth to new processes everytime they try to kill it, increasing RAM usage every time. Luckily installing UTS 2023 increased my RAM from 16GB to 64GB so it won't be an issue, but it's still annoying.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Can anybody help me? I have installed IOBit Malware Fighter once again, to work beside Umbra Total Security (2023 version) but apparently their technologies are so powerful each one detects the other as malware. Nevertheless as both processes are sandboxed they're in a deleting, detecting and failing loop making birth to new processes everytime they try to kill it, increasing RAM usage every time. Luckily installing UTS 2023 increased my RAM from 16GB to 64GB so it won't be an issue, but it's still annoying.

As I said before such combination may be dangerous as both programs installed may have the effect of deleting malware backwards in time being a possible cause of paradox as you destroy the entire antimalware industry as there is no malware anywhere. You're lucky you didn't try a full scan.

Anyway the easiest solution to your trouble is to use UTS's time portal function to stop yourself from installing IOBit. This will cause a collapse in the timelines and will normalize the Universe so don't worry,

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.