MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I love ESET, Because:
  • Lightness (Not at all system slow)
  • Awesome Protection
  • I don't need to buy - Secret(I don't use any cracks)
  • Decent Features
Don't Like:
  • Its UI, I think ESET should develop a New UI instead of just making changes in old one.

Please try not to post why you don't use other, Just tell which AV/IS, you love the most & Why.
Which thing about AV/IS you don't like

You can see an example above.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
After seeing so many people in so many threads talking about how they don't like ESET's GUI, let me just weigh in by saying I actually like it. I'd hate to see ESET go for eye candy when it's probably this kind of simplicity in design that makes it fast, which we all appreciate.

Anyways, I like foobar2000 and 7-Zip too, so, maybe I'm just old-fashioned. I really prefer simple, functional, fast GUIs, and ESET works very well for me.

The proactive defense is not good enough, I agree. It could be fixed so easily too. But overall an excellent product, and one of my favs. I'm currently trying it out in combination with Outpost Firewall (another simple, no-nonsense, functional GUI) and liking the duo very much.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
After seeing so many people in so many threads talking about how they don't like ESET's GUI, let me just weigh in by saying I actually like it. I'd hate to see ESET go for eye candy when it's probably this kind of simplicity in design that makes it fast, which we all appreciate.

Anyways, I like foobar2000 and 7-Zip too, so, maybe I'm just old-fashioned. I really prefer simple, functional, fast GUIs, and ESET works very well for me.

The proactive defense is not good enough, I agree. It could be fixed so easily too. But overall an excellent product, and one of my favs. I'm currently trying it out in combination with Outpost Firewall (another simple, no-nonsense, functional GUI) and liking the duo very much.

Yes, we know that its ESET simple GUI which makes too light & fast, but still the home screen of ESET has emptiness which i don't like at all, really i loved the home screen of ESS 5 which was lovely, where as ESET Scan screen should be developed, instead of putting Text they should make proper buttons.

They should add ESET Live Grid Scan.

toffee

Level 6
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
It appears that ESET is the best. Hmm...
Why there is no Webroot SecureAnywhere to vote? I have been using BIS but it was a heavy to my system. I removed it and installed Webroot SecureAnywhere and I'm very happy. It is lightweight because it uses the virus database is in the cloud. But is it effective?

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I loved Avast the most till recently that it became heavier. It was light effective and free. Now I 'm trying to give some love to Avira free. Let's see.
About paid, I don't like to pay for protection. You don't love sth that you have to pay for what it offers ;) Except if you have money to spend or you need paid products for professional usage, enterprise environments etc.

Y

yigido

My love is COMODO.
Why? Because, its CEO (Melih) is my citizen :) and he promises to "Creating Trust Online". Security is not luxury, it is a right so he gives all FREE. He got my respect and trust.

Reactions: Venustus

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Emsisoft and ESET... both are
wub.png

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
My love is COMODO.
Why? Because, its CEO (Melih) is my citizen :) and he promises to "Creating Trust Online". Security is not luxury, it is a right so he gives all FREE. He got my respect and trust.
If it wasn't that buggy, it would be my favourite security application. Although, I appreciate very much what they do.

Reactions: yigido

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender.
Avast because it can be custom installed to add only features you need and it will be one of the lightest. Simple to configure and user-friendly. Detection is good for most common malware in the wild that users are most likely to encounter.

Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender simple requires no maintenance or tweaking and will be just as effective as any other solution if you utilize UAC and don't download suspicious files from unknown sources.

I have never got an infection using either one, so I really don't care what AV test try to sell to users or how they do when testing malware packs, I know it works for me and many of my previous customers. That's all the proof I need.

Thanks. :D

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender.
Avast because it can be custom installed to add only features you need and it will be one of the lightest. Simple to configure and user-friendly. Detection is good for most common malware in the wild that users are most likely to encounter.

Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender simple requires no maintenance or tweaking and will be just as effective as any other solution if you utilize UAC and don't download suspicious files from unknown sources.

I have never got an infection using either one, so I really don't care what AV test try to sell to users or how they do when testing malware packs, I know it works for me and many of my previous customers. That's all the proof I need.

Thanks. :D
Avira free?

Reactions: yigido
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.