MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I love ESET, Because:
  • Lightness (Not at all system slow)
  • Awesome Protection
  • I don't need to buy - Secret(I don't use any cracks)
  • Decent Features
Don't Like:
  • Its UI, I think ESET should develop a New UI instead of just making changes in old one.

Please try not to post why you don't use other, Just tell which AV/IS, you love the most & Why.
Which thing about AV/IS you don't like

You can see an example above.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Kaspersky: because of its layered protection... no slow downs for me...

nimd4

Level 1
Mar 30, 2014
Since (McAfee) scan.exe is not longer available, on DOS (hehe), I've mostly been using Norton Antivirus (like almost everything about it, including how certain sections can be disabled, without the Windows (7) Action Center activating; and/or how the disabled features can be ignored within NAV, so that there won't be a notice, there, either).

Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender
Hi, there are literally hundreds of (or in any case many, now and in the past) articles and/or reasons why MSE isn't a very good product (or ever was?); just one example is @ this (old :)) link:
Code:
http://www.informationweek.com/security/vulnerabilities-and-threats/microsoft-security-essentials-loses-av-certification/d/d-id/1107614?
Not confirmed, but the "timeline" looks absolutely horrendous (2012-12-05, 'vendor informed' && 2013-02-13, 'vendor released fixed version'); took ~2 months to *fix*
Code:
http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2013/May/10

P.S.
ESET no need to explain why.
Honestly, I do NOT know why, btw. =)

D

Deleted member 178

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Which product are you a dedicated fanboy of?"
In this case we have a lot of ESET fanboys.:rolleyes:

Thanks. :D

Umbra Corp's CEO: "launch operation Trollfeast !"
Employee: "yes master, operation Trollfeast activated in 3...2...1...
Umbra Corp's mainframe Computer: "ESET sucks , Emsisoft is the best, you all know nothing, i have 10 years of experience !!"

:D :p

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Umbra Corp's CEO: "launch operation Trollfeast !"
Employee: "yes master, operation Trollfeast activated in 3...2...1...
Umbra Corp's mainframe Computer: "ESET sucks , Emsisoft is the best, you all know nothing, i have 10 years of experience !!"

:D :p

But still we all love ESET​

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.