MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I love ESET, Because:
  • Lightness (Not at all system slow)
  • Awesome Protection
  • I don't need to buy - Secret(I don't use any cracks)
  • Decent Features
Don't Like:
  • Its UI, I think ESET should develop a New UI instead of just making changes in old one.

Please try not to post why you don't use other, Just tell which AV/IS, you love the most & Why.
Which thing about AV/IS you don't like

You can see an example above.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
I've used MSE, Immunet, Webroot for extended periods with zero infections or problems, but my fav is Avast Free w/Windows firewall. Only thing I don't like about Avast is having to switch on all the PUP features.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Yes... Avast should switch on PUPs by default IMO.
They already have. :rolleyes:

Only it's PUPs installed by Avast on, bundled with your software updates, instead of PUP protection on. o_O Yup.

Turn on PUP protection, by the way, and you'll get good coverage - except against Avast partners, of course. :D

Let me repeat what should become a MalwareTips mantra: your mouseclick matters. ;)

CapeBuffalo

Level 2
Verified
May 12, 2014
Avast:

- Free (I dont mind paying for a suite btw)

- Great protection and signatures

- Alot of great side features (e.g. alot of extension are installed by chrome update that i cant access for the menu and avast detects them, sandbox, and updater)

- Light on system

- Very Customizable

- Great support forum (Essexboy and Pondus <3) and doesnt conflict with Malwarebytes

Last edited:
Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Avast. Avast has a slew of features and performs scans at an okay speed. What I like about Avast is its Boot-Time Scan. Avira, my second choice, has a very simple interface, sometimes to simple! It took forever to download, but performs pretty good and loads much faster because of its simple UI. AVG asked for a license key even though I downloaded free version! Cannot X out, cannot go anywhere! Deleted it after 2 hours.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.