Battle Which Company do you trust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I figured I'll post a big poll and I want to see which Computer Security company do you trust the most in terms of:

Quality, Customer Service/care, etc.

Note: I enabled Multiple Choices in the polls
Please do not choose all of them, try to select at a maximum of 3 so consider it your top 3 if you want.

Mine (Not in order):
Kaspersky Labs, Symantec (Norton), Avast, and Comodo.
(I know I choose more than 3 but I really couldn't leave comodo out)

(If I'm missing any vendors please choose "Other" and comment because I can only put 10 options)
Make sure you comment on what you have chosen and the reason why you trust the vendor if you want.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I wouldn't really trust any company full stop either but I would consider Kaspersky and Comodo to be really trustworthy IMHO.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Are you talking about the company in general or the products made by the companies? Of coarse they won't be the same.

For products:
Kaspersky Labs
Avast
AVG
Microsoft
ESET
Avira
Panda
FortiClient
Malwarebytes
F-Secure
Gdata

For company reputation:
I would remove AVG and Avira from the list.

Any reason why Malwarebytes, Avira, Panda, Trend Micro, F-Secure, Gdata and BitDefender isn't listed?

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Microsoft as everybody knows when it comes for Operating System and until it does not let down.

Avast providing free and paid software especially there free version giving good protection without a hassle.

and Linux since the OS was known to be secure so far and open source.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Littlebits said:
Are you talking about the company in general or the products made by the companies? Of coarse they won't be the same.

Any reason why Malwarebytes, Avira, Panda, Trend Micro, F-Secure, Gdata and BitDefender isn't listed?

The Company in general but I would include the products they make also.
Like I said, Customer service, quality of products, Lab, CEO/Board, etc.
Put it this way...Would you trust the company with your Money? Would you trust them protecting your PC? Do you think they would last? Do you think they will make a good product for years to come?

and Polling only gives me a 10 option limit so I put Other on the bottom.

Oh and I forgot about MBAM... so I would also trust that company and the product they made. Lifetime License FTW! I also like the support they have too!

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
3link9 said:
Littlebits said:

The Company in general but I would include the products they make also.
Like I said, Customer service, quality of products, Lab, CEO/Board, etc.
Put it this way...Would you trust the company with your Money? Would you trust them protecting your PC? Do you think they would last? Do you think they will make a good product for years to come?

and Polling only gives me a 10 option limit so I put Other on the bottom.

Oh and I forgot about MBAM... so I would also trust that company and the product they made. Lifetime License FTW! I also like the support they have too!

The poll limit should have options to change it, maybe one of the Admin can change the limit to like 15 or 20. 10 is not enough for multi-option polls.

Good day.:D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Like Littlebits said, why isn't Trend Micro and Malwarebytes, but I have trusted Trend Micro for years now and will keep trusting them, unless something goes wrong. I also trust Avast and ESET I think that they are a well rounded suit.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
McLovin said:
Like Littlebits said, why isn't Trend Micro and Malwarebytes, but I have trusted Trend Micro for years now and will keep trusting them, unless something goes wrong. I also trust Avast and ESET I think that they are a well rounded suit.

Poll options are limited to 10 choices :( so thats why I put other on the bottom.

V

Vextor

I would say Avast! and Microsoft. Avast haven't had any issues so far. And of course Microsoft made Windows, so if I didn't trust them, I would switch to Linux.
Also, McAfee is very unreputable. Well, the company is, but the product is horrible. My experience with it was terrible.
Right now I am running no AV, as I perfectly capable of knowing a virus, and not.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
tapoo said:
OMG..... no vote for McaFee !!!!! :)

Well that's because on the issue happened on their product until now even its acquired by Intel the trademark on its credibility were known already.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
McAfee in General has good customer service and thats about it, The prices are more on the expensive side and their product needs a lot of work Coming from my experiences its a Memory/Cpu hog, Slow updates, Slow scanning, Average detection, and it has terrible interface. The worst part was the slowdown and it got even worse during the updating and scanning process.
The only reason its popular because of how its used in schools and Businesses in which McAfee offer's discounts.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I trust Kaspersky and Quickheal. The real adv of Quickheal is they have quick toll free support for India and it is better than KIS at detecting local malware. The only Con of quickheal is it is a bit expensive. IT also has high scan speeds and no slowdowns.
McAfee has become a resource hog and is overpriced at least here.
The only Con of quickheal is it is a bit expensive.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I trust ESET, Kaspersky, Symantec, Avast and Microsoft the most because of the really good services and products that they're offering us. I've had good experience with using they're products and they're one of the few brands that I can recommend.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
My vote goes to Microsoft, ESET, Emsisoft and other (Datpol - SpyShelter, Blue Ridge - AppGuard, Malwarebyes - MBAM, SurfRight - HitmanPro, Sandboxie, Softsphere - DefenseWall and Kingsoft).
This is my absolute top. Most of those companies do have an excellent support, which is most important thing when you decide to pay for software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.