Which do you think are better, European antivirus or American Antivirus.

Which do you prefer European Antivirus or American Antivirus?

• European antivirus

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • American Antivirus.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Doesn't Matter

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Do you know a lot of American antiviruses? Perhaps only Norton and McAffee. There are no more. Norton, they say, has a good defense, but what happens to the company (sale of shares or something else) is not encouraging, and the quality of McAffee, judging by the tests, is low. But in Europe we have Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Eset and many others ... Bitdefender often gets the title of “product of the year” according to anti-virus laboratories, Kaspersky also gets the title of “product of the year” and “best antivirus”, etc. I’ll mention Emsisoft separately, it’s from Australia, it seems, but it’s neither Europe, nor America. It’s also a good antivirus, and in the survey there is no option with Australia. What about TrendMicro? Japanese antivirus, and quite strong. They also forgot to include it in the survey)))

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Voted "doesn't matter." Unless there's a bad actor somewhere. Which is unlikely right now.

I use the American Windows Defender but it is heavily customized and supplemented with first and third party applications. This is for convenience and to conserve disk space primarily. Its performance against malicious software and zero days especially varies too much in what formal and informal testing I've read about. But as it stands now, I'm very satisfied with it.

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Do you know a lot of American antiviruses? Perhaps only Norton and McAffee. There are no more. Norton, they say, has a good defense, but what happens to the company (sale of shares or something else) is not encouraging, and the quality of McAffee, judging by the tests, is low. But in Europe we have Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Eset and many others ... Bitdefender often gets the title of “product of the year” according to anti-virus laboratories, Kaspersky also gets the title of “product of the year” and “best antivirus”, etc. I’ll mention Emsisoft separately, it’s from Australia, it seems, but it’s neither Europe, nor America. It’s also a good antivirus, and in the survey there is no option with Australia. What about TrendMicro? Japanese antivirus, and quite strong. They also forgot to include it in the survey)))
If I'm not mistaken, Emsisoft is Austrian, although the headquarters are in Australia.
Yes, I should have put more options.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
you forgot comodo and webroot.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I would say it doesn't entirely matter. A lot of antivirus companies have offices overseas. There's even a Comodo office here in the UK but I suggest go with built-in or an option local to you. I'd use Sophos but the free version is limited and slows down my system and Bullguard could be a lot better. My ISP offers Mcafee free for a year and it is the cheapest retail option available but costly renewal. I inherently believe that you shouldn't have to pay for protection, the built-in OS should do that for you. They sell Norton here too but had a bad experience with it many years back.

Windows 10 built-in protection is good and when your system is locked down with Hard_Configurator, thanks to @Andy Ful your well and truly protected :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.