I think they use these engines (AVG,Eset,Avira,Zemana,Kaspersky,Bitdefender)Zemana is not open about what engine(s) they use. Is it possible they use their own engine? Also, has anyone got an idea of what engine(s) they are using? What makes you think they are using that engine?
Have an up-to-date source?Zemana got Metadefender Core 16 so list is under:
yes that could be...from an older chancelog, i have found this information:
Zemana Anti-Malware 188.8.131.52 Beta
Tuesday, February 17, 2015 7:54 PM
- This version includes many speed, reliability and security improvements and is a release candidate
- Started using MetaScan 16 package (5 best AV engines)
- Added "Cloud Powered Rootkit Cleaning Technology"
- Added unicode support to reports
- Added active engine names to reports
- Added support for cleaning references such as LNK files
- Added frequently used hijack locations to autoruns database
- Added "Show All Browser Extension" option to Advanced Menu
- Added explorer.exe restarting when cleaning some registry settings
- Added shell extension for better right click scan experience
- Added DNS server scanning and cleaning
- Added heuristic detection and cleaning for CryptoLocker variants
- Enhanced security with ASLR & Permanent DEP support
- Minor language improvements
So seems Zemana still don't talk about what engines they useWe have activated our own technology and AV engines which are provided by our partners are used for classification and clustering purposes in the cloud but they are removed from the UI. I can assure you that our detection rate is one of the best in the market.