Which hardware you plan to buy soon

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Oct 27, 2019
Does Adobe not already support the M1 ?
Yes it is perfectly supported but via Rosetta 2 (Apple emulator which works amazingly well). Which means the performance is a little bit lower than optimized apps for Apple Silicon CPU.

Adobe is adopting their apps for Silicon at the moment.

The difference will be in optimization of the apps. For example if someone would need 20GB of ram editing a photo in an Intel based machine, with Apple M1 it will be decreased drastically. This is exactly similar to iPhone and Android. in iPhone we have half of the Ram and it out performs Android.

TBH I am not an Apple fan but I believe each machine should be used considering the purpose. For graphics Apple is the best. I have tried may different scenarios and always I have come back to Apple.

I hate the monopoly which Apple has created and it is pointed to making more money than paying attention to their customers ...but we should be fair .. they are the king of performance.

But If you are looking for a Linux machine with a great performance and better privacy/security .. it worth to look at System76.com. They are really customer oriented.

Freud2004

Level 8
Jun 26, 2020
ACER Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-79LK (Intel Core i7-10750H - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 or ASUS ROG Strix G15 G512LV-70A26PB2 (Intel Core i7-10870H - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.
Done: ACER Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-79LK (Intel Core i7-10750H

IMG_9070.jpg

IMG_9071.jpg

Bonorex

Level 1
Jun 12, 2020
I need a new 24" monitor for doing office work from home. I'm currently using a 15 years old EIZO 19" LCD monitor, which is still excellent for reading documents and websites. Text is really crisp, even at small fonts, with excellent contrast. Unfortunately this monitor is not big enough for having two excel files open side by side. For this reason, I just purchased an Eizo EV2457 and it should come next week. It won't replace my existing monitor, but I will use it in a two panel configuration.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Oct 27, 2019
Macs are really good. If you do not want them for gaming of course. If you are willing to buy a Mac, wait for their update. M1 chip killed intel (for now at least). But waiting for the next generation is advised as the current one was more of a test run.

My other recommendation would be System76’s Linux laptops. Very similar to Mac and they have their own Linux based on UBUNTU called pop_os. You do not need to have knowledge of lunux and everthing works out of the box. I easily installed photoshop cc2014 and MSoffice using PlayOnLinux/wine.

Their performance due to their opensource framework and chipsets is really high. Worth looking into ... I am planing to order one myself...