Advice Request Which (If any) Cloud Storage Provider(s) do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which (If any) Cloud Storage Provider(s) do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016

Best Cloud Storage Providers of 2016
(Updated August 1st 2016):

Cloud storage has evolved from an enterprise service into a service used by millions of households and small businesses all around the world. As users continue to accumulate countless documents, images, and video and audio files, demand for online storage services is on the rise. Once they load their files to the cloud, users want to be able to access those files from any location and device. In order to help you choose between the numerous options available, we conducted thorough research of the best cloud storage providers on the market and presented our findings below....

Please Visit the above link to read the Reviews: The Providers rated are-
just Cloud, SugarSync, Crash Plan, BackBlaze, elephant drive, myPCBackup.com, Backup Genie, Zip cloud, Carbonite, livedrive

As there are many cloud storage providers this poll includes a mix of the well known & recent options

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
I recommend Jottacloud they claim it is the world´s safest cloud. I guess when it comes to privacy it very well might be.
As they are hosted in Norway, Patriot Act is not valid here, and your files are safe from snooping governments.
This is of course for those who cares, I am just impressed with the transfer speed in both directions compared to some of the others listed that I have tested.

/W

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I recommend Jottacloud they claim it is the world´s safest cloud. I guess when it comes to privacy it very well might be.
As they are hosted in Norway, Patriot Act is not valid here, and your files are safe from snooping governments.
This is of course for those who cares, I am just impressed with the transfer speed in both directions compared to some of the others listed that I have tested.

/W
Very good, but one question, is it encrypted storage, as well as during transfer ?
I did notice it offers 5GB free thats nice of them
EDIT
Quote from the Service:
Jottacloud is a cloud storage service for individuals and companies that lets you backup, synchronize, store and share files from all your devices. The uploaded data is protected by one of the worlds strongest privacy laws, with all your data stored in Norway. (END)
It mentions nothing of encryption during transfer or during storage, privacy laws
are great, but almost useless if the data remains unencrypted.

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I use Google Drive, Dropbox, and... Mega... Honestly I will risk using MEGA I have used it for quite some time I understand the risks but majority of files that are inportant are on GD and the rest is just stuff.
I have a MEGA acct as well, but your right I only put installers that i want easy access to, or crap like that. ;)

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
i'm frequently using these services:

www.dropbox.com
www.hubic.com/home/
www.pcloud.com/de/
www.box.com/de-de/home
....and of course "Google Drive" and "OneDrive".

I will also create an account at jottacloud (see POST #02 and thx for this tip @woodrowbone)

I also have a local NAS drive, that is possibly the best solution when you need all you private data
from home on mobile devices. I also try not to upload sensitive/private data to any cloud services
i mentioned in the list above.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I understand the purpose of cloud backup to make it secure and well encrypted however at the end of day, a matter of how the product advertise to make user convincing use the service.

Which why OneDrive, Gdrive or even Dropbox manage to gain the part; of course you will be the judge when it comes to their security enhancement.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I use dropbox as I have my education account

Gdrive for fun, no real use

onedrive: very disappointed, badly coded apps in android and windows as they are super slow and buggy compared to the rest, at least for me

mediafire: good but now they removed desktop syncing app so now Im no longer using it as the primary backup solution as before

everything is free, I dont care about privacy, I dont wanna pay. I just ise them to store my study documents

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
dropbox is top quality service. If you work on a file, you can be sure you will always end up with the latest version, and if dropbox is unsure which version is the latest, it will mark it as "conflicted version".
So you will not lose your work!
And if you restore your system from an image, also then, dropbox is smart enough to give you the latest version of your files.
so for files that you are actively editing, use dropbox and you won't be sorry.
store all your old stuff somewhere else.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
dropbox is top quality service. If you work on a file, you can be sure you will always end up with the latest version, and if dropbox is unsure which version is the latest, it will mark it as "conflicted version".
So you will not lose your work!
And if you restore your system from an image, also then, dropbox is smart enough to give you the latest version of your files.
so for files that you are actively editing, use dropbox and you won't be sorry.
store all your old stuff somewhere else.
Interesting info shmu26 I did not know this about DropBox, Thank You :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.