New Update Which is Best Ad Block extension ?

Best Ad Block Tool/Extension ?

• UBlock

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • UBlock Origin

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Adguard AdBlocker

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • AdBlock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adblock Plus

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Adblock Pro

• Adblock Edge

• Adblock Super

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siraj

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
I am Using "Baidu Spark Browser" which uses Google Chrome engine and we can use Chrome App Store...
We can say that this is optimized version of Chrome...

Please give me your suggestion , which is best Adblocking Extension.

(Firefox also has all of these extension too)

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
On my Firefox I used Adblocker Plus for a long time, since UBlock was released for Firefox I started to use it and I love it.

Y

yigido

On my Firefox I used Adblocker Plus for a long time, since UBlock was released for Firefox I started to use it and I love it.
I think, you mean AdblockPlus while saying Adblocker Plus.

Existing AdBlocking question thread: http://malwaretips.com/threads/best-ad-blocker.31688/

Stick with the Original versions; uBlock, Adguard, Adblock, AdBlock Plus. All others are copy-cats.
Yes, I strongly agree. Their adblocking capabilities are same but uBlock. They all uses the same filters (Easylist & etc.)
So you should check their performance and make your choice.
My suggestion is uBlock Origin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy and Kate_L
Y

yigido

Writing these in in large and red letters made the uBlock best of them?
There are many topics about "Best of bests"..please check the forum before asking, thank you.

Siraj

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
Writing these in in large and red letters made the uBlock best of them?
There are many topics about "Best of bests"..please check the forum before asking, thank you.

OK Sir ! but remember i am not from the developer team of ublock..

You should try to test them all... i hope you will find ublock best...

ublock can hide all ad in facebook, but others can not block all or can only block few ad.

if you donot want to try ublock, i will not force you to use ublock...

in past my favourite was Adblock Plus in Firefox, but someone in this forum recommend me "ublock" and i found it best..

Reactions: yigido

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
And i also think, Ublock (not ublock origin) is best in all of those...

and

Ublock and UBlock Origin confusing people, which they should use..

What other features does this have over the original? The original is the one that is just going to be maintained only....?

Y

yigido

OK Sir ! but remember i am not from the developer team of ublock..

You should try to test them all... i hope you will find ublock best...

if you donot want to try ublock, i will not force you to use ublock...

in past my favourite was Adblock Plus in Firefox, but someone in this forum recommend me "ublock" and i found it best..
:) I am not an employee of uBlock or uBlock Origin.
The uBlock that you use is the changed version uBlock is not the original fork from the known developer gorhill. One guy came and take it from gorhil. Now the guy wants to make money on them via Donate button.
Then, gorhill got angry something I think and take back the project with another name "uBlock Origin" ;) So the original uBlock is now uBlock Origin with different icon. I want to be on gorhill side. I am contributor of uBlock Origin like the others.

What other features does this have over the original? The original is the one that is just going to be maintained only....?

You can ask now whats the difference between them, please check the exist post on the huge uBlock thread.
http://malwaretips.com/threads/µblock-lightweight-adblocker.28930/page-6#post-388065

I hope you got my point.
You say uBlock is the best, then what is the purpose of this thread? :rolleyes:
Yes :D

D

Deleted member 2913

How is AdGuard extension?

I read they use their own malware/phishing databases.
They use their own filters or modify the filters like EasyList for their product.

And in "The Dark Room" thread, one can see user post AdGuard result & it detects phish/mal good.

I never see ABP, uBlock, etc... with mal/phish enabled detecting anything.

Reactions: Kent
D

Deleted member 2913

:) I am not an employee of uBlock or uBlock Origin.
The uBlock that you use is the changed version uBlock is not the original fork from the known developer gorhill. One guy came and take it from gorhil. Now the guy wants to make money on them via Donate button.
Then, gorhill got angry something I think and take back the project with another name "uBlock Origin" ;) So the original uBlock is now uBlock Origin with different icon. I want to be on gorhill side. I am contributor of uBlock Origin like the others.

Yes :D

if there was any issue, they only know.

But in Chrome store, uBlock review section, users accused the new developer of things & gorhill has replied "Actually I want the uBlock here to survive and do well. The original issue has been resolved."

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I never see ABP, uBlock, etc... with mal/phish enabled detecting anything.

It's better to use the built-in browser security features; Google SafeBrowsing and Microsoft SmartScreen are good for basic browser protection. AdBlockers should be blocking Ads not more, IMO.

Siraj

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
You say uBlock is the best, then what is the purpose of this thread? :rolleyes:

Good Question...

Reason is that.... Before 1 year, my favourite web browser was Fire fox, then Chrome and now Baidu Spark Browser , it uses chrome engine, chrome app store and even better than original chrome, you should try it for few days.. my favourite ad blocking extension was AdBlock Plus (in firefox) , and someone recommend me ublock and i am using it and it is Best..

the purpose of this thread was users opinion and suggestion,,, may be there more good extension, that i not tested

(sorry for weak english)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Chrome uses the (now) Blink engine, likewise as many other Chromium-based browsers. Chrome Web Store is native to Google Chrome, and can be synced with your Google Account. I believe that Opera also has access to the Chrome Web Store, untested.

As for Baidu Spark browser, it's a Chromium/Chrome with bundled built-in extensions, just like most other Chromium clones.

AdBlock Plus has a unnecessary pre-configured features that Allow Ads by default (based on a Whitelist by the Authors of the extension), AdBlock does not. I use AdBlock at getadblock.com.

uBlock had too many FPs, though it does handle memory better than the others.

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
I've used all of them besides Pro, Edge and Super at one point or another and IMO Adguard was my favourite. Though I'm currently using ublock origin I've got to admit, even if I use the same filters ublock lets through more ads than Adguard.

D

Deleted member 2913

Voted uBlock coz light & no probs here.
And I use Bd free AV, LastPass Free (icon selected lock one) & uBlock. All of the icons have same color. It gives the impression that I am running security suite that has AV, password protection & adsblocker...feels good:)

Huracan,

What FPs with uBlock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.