Battle Which is better in PROTECTION: Emsisoft Antimalware 9 or Webroot Antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
As i can see you already use Eset. Is there any problem with it? Are you satisfied with it?
So let's go:
1) PAID PRODUCTS: I used most of them (Norton, Gdata, Trend Micro, Emsisoft Antimalware, Eset Smart Security, Kaspersky Antivirus, Bitdefender Internet security 2014, Vipre, etc...) and i can certainly tell you that ESET and Emsisoft are the best choices.
2) FREE PRODUCTS: Things here are more easy......Qihoo 360 Internet Security (Total security is also very good but still needs improvements) and Avast (modified settings).

Final Suggestion:
I think it is better for you to stay with your current configuration, You are well protected from what i can read to your signature.

All the best.

toffee

Level 6
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
As i can see you already use Eset. Is there any problem with it? Are you satisfied with it?
So let's go:
1) PAID PRODUCTS: I used most of them (Norton, Gdata, Trend Micro, Emsisoft Antimalware, Eset Smart Security, Kaspersky Antivirus, Bitdefender Internet security 2014, Vipre, etc...) and i can certainly tell you that ESET and Emsisoft are the best choices.
2) FREE PRODUCTS: Things here are more easy......Qihoo 360 Internet Security (Total security is also very good but still needs improvements) and Avast (modified settings).

Final Suggestion:
I think it is better for you to stay with your current configuration, You are well protected from what i can read to your signature.

All the best.

Compare Emsisoft vs MBAM Premium
What do you think of avast! Premier?

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Compare Emsisoft vs MBAM Premium
What do you think of avast! Premier?

I already have Mbam Pro, but it's real time protection is not like Emsisoft.As about cleaning of traces i would say that both are the same with a slight edge on Mbam.I use it from time to time but i don't think i need Mbam real time as long as i have Eset Smart Security installed.
Avast Premier = Same as Avast Free (detection/signatures) with some extra tools and bla bla bla.....
Personally i wouldn't pay for Avast products as many people reported a lot of problems (especially support)
I cant tell anything else other than that, as i never used this program.Better ask someone that uses Premier if you need to know anything else.

Thank you

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I don't trust Webroot to protect me.:( Unless it has come a long way since I last used it. Yes, I did pay for it & got infected by adware/spyware & it just sit there & did nothing.:eek:
Really? But Webroot observes unknown behaviour and monitors it... then rollback the changes if anything suspicious is found. Did Webroot rollback the damages in your system?

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Right now I am not using ESET. I am using Webroot and very glad for its lightness and speed. However I miss Emsisoft.
So let's go:

Final Suggestion:

All the best.

Reactions: toffee

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Right now I am not using ESET. I am using Webroot and very glad for its lightness and speed. However I miss Emsisoft.

Sorry my friend but this is your signature :
ESET Nod32, Windows Firewall
K9 WebProtection
UAC - Max
SmartScreen
MCShield 3

If you are satisfied more with Webroot than with Eset then i think everything is ok for you now.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Really? But Webroot observes unknown behaviour and monitors it... then rollback the changes if anything suspicious is found. Did Webroot rollback the damages in your system?
As far as I know Webroot did not catch it. My PC was directing me to different searches & I installed Avast & it caught it.

Raider Red

Level 2
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
Try them out and decide. There are always people afraid to try something new..."Norton Internet Security" was heavy 3 years ago so it will always be that way....nothing changes! Wrong...Use what works best for you! Can't go wrong!

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Try them out and decide. There are always people afraid to try something new..."Norton Internet Security" was heavy 3 years ago so it will always be that way....nothing changes! Wrong...Use what works best for you! Can't go wrong!
Actually I have used ESET for a year... and now Webroot for four days.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
ESET trumps both. Sorry.
Switching to either would be a downgrade for you ifacedown.

Emsisoft is better security than Webroot in terms of malware because it has a stronger stand against PUA's !
ESET is better than Emsi? Why? Lightness or protection?

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
I would say more of a combination of other things.
If i had to list just 1 or 2 things i would say scanning speed. support, or additional features.
They are pretty close on protection, and pretty close on lightness as well.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
On lightness ESET is far lighter... The Beta 8 version of ESET is lighter. About support, I believe Emsi is greater. On protection, yes close.

toffee

Level 6
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
On lightness ESET is far lighter... The Beta 8 version of ESET is lighter. About support, I believe Emsi is greater. On protection, yes close.

Which one gives better protection: Eset or Emsi?

ps I am using Webroot ... Complete and ... AppGuard. ;) MBAM on demand. Am I safe?

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
my vote for Emsisoft.
He used long Emsisoft and has never let me down is a proven program with a very good reputation.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.