Battle Which is better Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) or Norton Insight?

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
a) as this is a cloud service no ram or cpu is needed
b) the same for real world system impact
c) user friendliness and user interface well i think that norton gives you much more info of than ksn

i think that norton is the winner both ksn and insight are great but norton gives you much more than ksn. norton products are more integrated with the cloud than kaspersky... norton gives you the change to whitelist files based on reputation which is more usefull ksn in the other hand is just for real time protection. Also we have the option that every file donwloaded you can have a quick overview of the file reputation...

JollyGood

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
a) as this is a cloud service no ram or cpu is needed
b) the same for real world system impact
c) user friendliness and user interface well i think that norton gives you much more info of than ksn

i think that norton is the winner both ksn and insight are great but norton gives you much more than ksn. norton products are more integrated with the cloud than kaspersky... norton gives you the change to whitelist files based on reputation which is more usefull ksn in the other hand is just for real time protection. Also we have the option that every file donwloaded you can have a quick overview of the file reputation...
Yeah i guess so no ram or cpu needed i guess i just ticked all the boxes provided :/. Sorry about that i was kinda in a rush. Also, I completely agree with you on the fact that Norton is a lot more integrated into the cloud and I also believe that Norton may have a larger database of users giving their cloud service a lot more files to work with. It just seems to be a more refined cloud service overall.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Norton Insight could detect more than Kaspersky with higher FPs.
Kaspersky could detect less than Norton with lower FPs.

Testing scenario Norton could win more times than Kaspersky.
Real world scenario both will protect effectively & both are solid IMO.

I voted for Norton

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
I will talk about my experience- I've been a Kaspersky user for at least two years and i must say their product is very clever and strict. But i must highlight, KAV had and still has a nice quanitity of false positives, over harmless files. I've installed Norton now a few days ago, and until now i've seen no false positives, but just a few files were downloaded. Still, manual scan detected a file Kaspersky couldn't. I'll give a more detailed opinion on a few more days.

Now i know we're talking about cloud services, but if you want to install one of the two products, it's imperative to know Kaspersky did slow down my system and startup a bit, while Norton does not.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Both are overall winners and no this is not a diplomatic statement for the fans but reality - FPs rate can and will change; it is dynamic and user is largely concerned with his own usage ; some users I know rarely introduce any changes in years:) Both products are not perfect like any software and issue patches from time to time.The overall protection features along with cloud must be taken into consideration as they are designed to co-exist.

The absolute best is only limited to your specific machine, installed software and registry hive and how these product will behave there.So you must test them yourself based on the order of general consensus.

Personally I like Kaspersky's application control.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

I will talk about my experience- I've been a Kaspersky user for at least two years and i must say their product is very clever and strict. But i must highlight, KAV had and still has a nice quanitity of false positives, over harmless files. I've installed Norton now a few days ago, and until now i've seen no false positives, but just a few files were downloaded. Still, manual scan detected a file Kaspersky couldn't. I'll give a more detailed opinion on a few more days.

Now i know we're talking about cloud services, but if you want to install one of the two products, it's imperative to know Kaspersky did slow down my system and startup a bit, while Norton does not.
Kaspersky Proactive.. App Control, System Watcher, etc... works offline/online both so FPs chances are mostly equal on already installed & new programs downloaded, etc...

Norton Proactive, File/Download Insight, etc... are mostly online i.e cloud i.e mostly for downloading stuffs from the web. So in Norton case you may see less FPs on already installed programs compared to new programs downloaded, etc...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.