Status
Not open for further replies.

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
First, thank you for your reading.
I want to ask you about the better setting for building secure PC on Windows 10 as a consumer.

I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2017 as the main anti-malware software and firewall software on my PC. It looks good.

But at sometimes, Bitdefender is heavy a little, especially when updating signatures.
And booting time of my PC is long. Updating time at start up Windows is also long. I think it.

So I seaching another security softwares for my PC, and I find some softwares which I guess that it is good for using PC. The soft is Avast Free 2016, and Microsoft EMET or Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free Edition.

~Q.1~
Which is better, Avast Free 2016 or Bitdefender Security 2017. I will use EMET or MBAE for covering protection of vulnerability when I use Avast Free.

~Q.2~
What is Bitdefender and Avast Free regarded as security software for Windows 10 Consumers?
Which software do many people regard as a good solution?
I heard that Bitdefender is getting very high level score in many tests, but it is heavy for many PC.
And I aloso heard that Latest Avast Free gives security enough for many consumers, but sometimes do false detection, and it may be serious for OS at sometimes.

Please teach me about above things. I guess my English is not well, but I will read all replies from everyone. If I will be late replyng you. excuse me.

Thank you!

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
So my question is whether your are comfortable/used to with the heaviness of the Bitdefender TS?
If the answer is yes, then I do not see the reason not to continue use it.

Good lab test results is not indicative of whether it will perform well on your system or not.

Reactions: ZeroDay

rosendalek

Level 3
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
Bitdefender covers all that MBAM anti-explot does and offers better protection then avast free. However AVAST free is pretty good. sounds like your machine just dosent have the hardware to handle Bitdefender

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@kamo_jisan

You wish to pair EMET or MBAE with Avast Free or Bitdefender Suite. Is this correct?

EMET is developed by Microsoft and completely free to download and use - you may need to refer to online help files to configure to your needs, if default doesn't work properly.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit offer 2 versions; Free and Premium. The latter offers additional coverage for any additional software you want to protect.

For comparison purposes Bitdefender Internet Security offers a wider set of features over Avast Internet Security. Therefore, you can use Avast Free Antivirus with other security software (ex. Sandbox, Anti-Ransomware).

--------------
Mod Notes:
Thread moved to Compare Software (War Room).

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
Dear All who are giving me answers...

I'm kamo_jisan. Thank you for your replies. I read all messages.

First, I want to tell you that which softwares I want to compare.

I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2017 now.

Bitdefender is given many awards as one of the highest protection score software from some famous test organizations. But Bitdefender delays my PC at startup, and Bitdefender takes too long time by updating signature files everytime.

I was searching another anti-malware softwares instead of Bitdefender. Then I found Avast Free Antivirus. It is including Web-Shield even though Avast Free is free edition.

I want to compare "Bitdefender Total Security 2017" and "Avast Free Antivirus+other protection tool against Exploit". I am going to use Microsoft EMET or the free edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit as anti-exploit tool. If I use Bitdefender Total 2017, I will not use other anti-exploits tools.

My sentences may have not been good. Excuse me.

To @Spawn:
Thank you for your modifing this thread.

Reactions: Ink

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
Hello everyone. First, I'm sorry for the too late reply.

I read your messages and I will install EMET to my PC, and use it with Avast Free Antivirus.

I will try it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.