Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello.

Which is lighter and faster between the two?

Which one will add the least boot time?

Thanks.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Baidu is lighter & faster compared to ESET since they r mostly depended on cloud technology plus boot time is faster compared to ESET. In my pc qihoo was taking 30 second boot time & replacing i twith ESET my boot time went to 40-50 seconds. Note that i was using Qihoo TS ( Avira +bitdefender engine) & qihoo is a bit heavy compared to baidu.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Webroot is probably lighter as well than ESET too, and maybe Baidu.
However protection will not be as good in comparison.
Cloud technology will always be faster. ESET uses cloud as well, just not for the entire program.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Baidu is lighter & faster compared to ESET since they r mostly depended on cloud technology plus boot time is faster compared to ESET. In my pc qihoo was taking 30 second boot time & replacing i twith ESET my boot time went to 40-50 seconds. Note that i was using Qihoo TS ( Avira +bitdefender engine) & qihoo is a bit heavy compared to baidu.

Don't know how you got that slow startup with ESET, I am using ESET from last 5-6 years no problem until now.

I guess there is no other user on this forum who have such kind of problem, i would suggest you to give Try to ESET again, i am sure you will not face that problem again.

Reactions: chanakya

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
In addition to slow boot times with eset, i would fire up Sysinspector and go through every driver on your system to ensure there isn't something retarded conflicting with ESET's, which is usually the case. ;)
Some security companies just seem to forget to remove drivers in their uninstallation utilities or if windows uninstaller is being used to remove, windows itself leaves junk behind.
If you go through or test many different security products, there is a small chance some stuff could be lingering and no one even knew. :)

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Is that on a Windows 7 system?

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Why do you say that NOD32 is the best antivirus?

I will try to explain my opinions,
ESET NOD32 is made yo satify Basic User To Advanced users, Basic User get infected through Internet & USB devices, So ESET Heuristics Engine is too light with awesome detection, & Web-Blocking of ESET is awesome.

Whereas by providing the great customization in HIPS a advanced user can protect himself greatly, really if you are an advanced user configure HIPS & see no Virus would be able to penetrate ESET HIPS.

Reactions: chanakya

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I will try to explain my opinions,
ESET NOD32 is made yo satify Basic User To Advanced users, Basic User get infected through Internet & USB devices, So ESET Heuristics Engine is too light with awesome detection, & Web-Blocking of ESET is awesome.

Whereas by providing the great customization in HIPS a advanced user can protect himself greatly, really if you are an advanced user configure HIPS & see no Virus would be able to penetrate ESET HIPS.
Could you give me a configuration file for HIPS? Before I was using it with the Interactive Mode

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
@MrExplorer said :
"I guess there is no other user on this forum who have such kind of problem, i would suggest you to give Try to ESET again, i am sure you will not face that problem again."
There is a thing called 'event viewer', u should check there how much ur boot time takes & which application is delay ur boot time most :)
25006tf.jpg

here it shows it takes 44 seconds & i tested it more then twice, after disabling ESET GUI at startup my boot time decrease more then 10 seconds i guess plus in taskmanager u will notice ESET GUI was showing 'High' at boottime :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.