Battle Which is the Best Free All in one Light weight Download manager For windows 8.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Can any one tell me which is the best download manager for windows 8 with chrome support and even for downloading videos ?

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
I have been using FDM for a little while now and it works well ("http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/"), they also have a "lite" version that doesn't include the torrent and video plugins.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
As far as I know not many download manager fully support Windows 8.1, you could try running them in compatibility mode for Windows 7, if they fail to work correctly.

EagleGet works on my Windows 8.1 laptop running in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

If you just want Chrome support, I suggest trying some extensions from the Google Store.

Windows Store also has some apps for Windows 8.1 which may work for you, just be careful and only download the free apps and watch out for fakes.

Thanks. :D

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
rebel4life said:
i cant get eagleget set up in dragon so im going back to waterfox chrome sucks lately

It supports chrome very well, the only thing that i dont like in chrome is its Interface and design, even it doesnt have good download manager and smooth scroll. you can add smooth scroll ext if u wnat and u will be happy with it.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
rebel4life said:
i cant get eagleget set up in dragon so im going back to waterfox chrome sucks lately

Read this guide to manually add EagleGet extensions- http://www.eagleget.com/manually-add-eagleget-to-chrome-firefox/

Follow the Chrome guide for Comodo Dragon.

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.