Battle Which is the best free Firewall to use with Avast Free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
hi i use avast free and im wondering whats the best free firewall to use it with reason why im doubting comodo as yo ucan easily change these advance settings and mess your system up like i did it made my pc run slow as hell, and comodo also puts me off for example i use firefox i click allow yet when i start my computer up next day it asks again. please reply asap thanks

Reactions: silversurfer

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I would use COMODO Firewall! because it has the best proactive protection and is more lightweight than most other firewalls...

Reactions: Artaz and Kent

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
in my opinion the best of Avast firewall works Priveate I use it on a second computer and I do not have any problems with the system.
I use it already for a year.

BERROHO

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2014
comodo is so god but you must to be a expert ; or you will have a dificulte in surfing and all progrmae working

avast is so bad for me :( eset is the best ; and the keys in all forum every day

R

rocky

I tried Comodo firewall with settings recommended in a thread by cruelsister. The thread was titled(Regarding Comodo) if I remember right. This has been a very easy to use and the center of our security . I can only thank cruelsister for making the original thread . I can't imagine you wouldn't be totally satisfied with it.

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
Windows Firewall,

I see no Necessity of more programs consuming machine resources. including the patience to train, configure the program to recognize the applications and same like this the alerts are intrusive.

Even disabled, to get your machine has to go through the router firewall after run the application has to go through the SmartScreen filter and UAC.

It's only my opinion :)

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
well comodo is slowingm y pc down and annoying me with pop ups every 10 seconds even though its set on the lowest aalert level vcan anyone recommend another firewall as im losing faith in comodo now it just lags my pc obviously some sort of bug in there prograam

Reactions: PlayerFromTheITtic

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Hmmmm everyone seems to vote for Comodo FW.
Now my stand point on Comodo fail wall is clear, but that being said i have a alternative that does not require any tweaking and it does not even use ANY system resources.

I assume you have a router from your ISP which you use to connect to the Internet right?
Well if thats the case then you have a Hardware based firewall in it for free, it does not need tweaking, it does not need updates, it does not need any manual labor, hell you do not even know its there and yet it does a 1000 times better job then CFW.
Just log in to your router and see if its enabled.

Step 2: Enable Windows firewall.

And you are done.

That being said if a hacker bypasses your RHFW (Router Hardware Firewall) then Comodo will not stop it either as its WAY beyond anything Comodo can bring to the table.

Case closed + 100% result.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.