Which is the best free vpn that supports torrent downloading?

Discussion in 'Media Players and Editors' started by rohan, Apr 24, 2014.

1. rohan

rohan New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Hi can anyone help me to find out the free vpn that support torrents? :mad:

Svoll, Yash Khan and carsten ibsen like this.
  2. viktik

viktik Level 24

Sep 17, 2013
    Unoccupied
    Hazaribagh
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    #2 viktik, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  3. Littlebits

Littlebits Retired Staff

May 3, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I don't think there is any that are free but if there were some then don't expect good download speeds. It would probably be like using dial up.

Thanks. :D

4. Oxygen

Oxygen Level 42

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    There probably isn't any, I'd just buy a torrent friendly VPN for a good price.

5. renestitt

renestitt New Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Hong Kong
    Once installed, the P2P file sharing program searches for the relevant torrent files; if found, the files are broken down into pieces and is distributed amongst the other systems interconnected to the network. This process continues without putting extra burden on the servers, until the files are completely downloaded on the system. best torrent vpn Ivacy

6. Hanmin147

Hanmin147 Level 28

Jul 28, 2014
    Windows 10
    Avast
    FrootVPN used to be free and P2P enabled but they changed that now.

I used Cyberghost and it works fine for me, of course only the paid accounts get P2P function.

Another way I was exploring was to use proxy servers to download the torrents through however all the proxies I found were either too slow or not configured properly for P2P traffic.

7. uninfected1

uninfected1 Level 7

Jan 28, 2016
    Alpha Centauri
    Windows 7
    BitDefender
    I sometimes wonder if posters bother reading what an OP is asking for, in this case, specifically, free and P2P compatible. Note, the first requirement rules out paid VPNs.

it's also not true that no free VPN supports torrents. I don't know if 10GB a month is enough, but Windscribe is an excellent VPN that has a free option:
    https://windscribe.com/

There have been fairly recent Windscribe giveaway offers, mainly on ***, for a much higher monthly allowance. I got one for 50GB per month a while back, so have a lookout for those. This was the offer, as mentioned here on Malwaretips:
    Windscribe VPN SE - 1 Year 50 GB/month

Okay Freedom VPN is another that has frequent free giveaways especially on ***. I'm not sure if it's still P2P friendly though. It's been mentioned on Malwaretips on a number of occasions:
    Promotion - OkayFreedom VPN[New] - 1 Year Premium

Svoll, Yash Khan, mal1 and 3 others like this.
  8. Myriad

Myriad Level 7

May 22, 2016
    " The Gentleman Loser "
    #8 Myriad, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Very good point there !

And let's throw another factor into the mix - logging.

VPN Gate comes to mind .

Purely from memory , it is a Japanese University project and is "torrent friendly" , it is free , but I'm fairly certain that they keep logs .

It is a long time since I tried it and things may have changed , so I strongly recommend that any would-be users check the details carefully .

Update
    I looked over the VPN Gate website again , and I can't see anything about download capping or torrents not being allowed

9. JHomes

JHomes Level 6

Jul 7, 2016
    IT
    Dallas
    Windows 10
    AVG
    I use EasyHideIP. What's great is that their licenses are good for one PC, one laptop, and one phone. So you can cover almost all of your devices!

10. Jake Miguel

Jake Miguel Level 2

Nov 14, 2016
    Singapore
    The one that i bought is working fine and yeah I do torrents on that vpn. Best VPN for torrenting can help you find out different vpns for this purpose.

11. carsten ibsen

carsten ibsen Level 20

Sep 18, 2016
    retired
    denmark
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    :)I would recommend a paid VPN; EkspressVPN They allow torrenting and your secrets is safe with them, they have no logging policy, and I think that is what you are looking for;)

Svoll, Jake Miguel and Yash Khan like this.
  12. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 34
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    #12 HarborFront, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Windscribe looks like no longer supports P2P according to reddit

Windscribe disables P2P access on all US locations, India, and Egypt. • /r/vpnreviews

Jake Miguel, Svoll and Yash Khan like this.
  13. Yash Khan

Yash Khan Level 51

Oct 22, 2012
    Jake Miguel and Svoll like this.
  14. virusblocker101

virusblocker101 Level 1

Jul 28, 2017
    England
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    freevpn.me

But first you have to download OpenVPN

Then download the "certificate bundle" from the freevpn.me site. Then, extracted, placed in the OpenVPN config folder. Then use the unsername and pass on the freevpn.me site to connect to the vpn server

But before you connect to the server open the config file or files with notepad and below the gibberish enter "block-outside-dns" (without quotes) and then hit save

Untitled.png