Battle Which is the best? Norton VS Panda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lymphocyte

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 22, 2014
Which is the best of this 2 antivirus products?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I haven't used Panda Antivirus Pro to make a fair comparison, but out of the box experience with Norton is almost flawless. Norton Security is a full suite with Antivirus, Antispyware, Behaviour Blocker and Firewall, with Cloud + Reputation scans.

From Panda, I have only used their Free Antivirus, but it would be unfair to make a comparison when it comes to features and levels of protection, however, Norton felt a lot less sluggish on the system (old system: Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 3GB DDR2 RAM).

@King Cobra In the future, I would not check "Allow multiple votes", for these types of Polls.
upload_2015-10-19_18-16-59.png

Reactions: Lymphocyte and Jack

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I had Panda AV pro for about 5 years. Then I got infected so badly that even the malware was able to stop the processes of Panda and it shut it down completely. On top of that my pc was locked. Panda detected nothing, even if the malware was downloading tons of stuff in the background. After manually fixing a lot, I installed Norton and it removed everything that was leftover by the malware. My vote goes to Norton, because panda failed that much then. This was about 3 years ago, so they improved a lot since then, but I can never forgive Panda for that massive fail.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Comparing from their protection wise then seems the cloud build functionality has an edge for Norton compare to Panda, same goes to their Behaviour blocker techniques which their Sonar [Norton] is also active; I didn't saw any encounter for Panda's secondary component.

However the Application Control of Panda may not be practical a bit since its a highly interactive mode without fix build rules for whitelist.

Reactions: LabZero
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.