Q&A Which is the Best VPN for Security, Anonymity and Streaming?

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Hello everyone, I have been using IP Vanish for quite a while, but I suspect it is leaking IP. I would like to get some suggestions on some other decent VPN service to use. Where it highly ensures online security and also provides me avenues to stream movies, shows and sports on channels that are geo-restricted.

Would be more better if you are recommend a vpn and give a small reasoning with it as why to use that one.

TIA.

RoboMan

Level 22
Content Creator
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
The most private and secure VPN I know is AirVPN. But it only works in Europe and USA I believe.

Right now the two I like the most are NordVPN (actual) and ExpressVPN.

Other great software is Windscribe but I cannot take any comments on the privacy. Maybe any Windscribe user here can.

RoboMan

Level 22
Content Creator
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
What does "only works in Europe and USA" mean?
Last time I tried, didn't have servers in South America, where I live. So extremely slow. When I was in Germany it was excellent.

The most private and secure VPN I know is AirVPN. But it only works in Europe and USA I believe.

Right now the two I like the most are NordVPN (actual) and ExpressVPN.

Other great software is Windscribe but I cannot take any comments on the privacy. Maybe any Windscribe user here can.
I am using ExpressVPN it is pretty fast but I have been having a lot of connection issues lately.

Another one is is IPVanish, at least I see it getting advertised all over the place as fast for streaming.

Hey Ana, you can either go for Purevpn, Nord or Express. All these 3 are top vpns IMO. I have used them and they work brilliantly.

I have also used IPVanish and never have I faced any Ip leaking issue.

You can try best vpn for reference.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
AVG
5 Best VPNs for Torrenting & P2P downloading 2018 - BestVPN.com is another site you may wish to check out.

Jakes list is also useful but always be aware of review site bias so check out some independent places too e.g. reddit. Of course, asking here is also useful haha.

I've used PureVPN, Express and Windscribe. I'd stay the hell away from Pure as bad experience all-round. The other two have all been great but I've stuck to Windscribe as it's friendlier on the wallet.

These ranking lists usually suck. First thing I did was find CyberGhost.

Pros:
Based in Romania, which has no government surveillance
Reality: CyberGhost was sold off to a London-based Israeli advertising/analytics company last year. Their "no logs" statement is false.
CyberGhost VPN Review 2018 - Why it is NOT Recommended

CyberGhost:
CyberGhost is 100% committed to the no-logs-policy and we do not store them. Logs can easily link actions back to you, and thus at no time can CyberGhost release such logs, as we don’t collect any logs.
Also CyberGhost:
The performance of the Service is measured through a series of events sent anonymously to a third-party service (MixPanel) which is building aggregate data based on certain trends. Few examples of events are indicatively mentioned below:

Connection Attempt: We collect this information to know the usage request directed to our Service on a particular hourly/daily/weekly/monthly interval, the country of origin (but not your source IP address), your CyberGhost VPN version, etc. This metric allows us to properly adjust our infrastructure according to the demand.

Connection Successful: We collect this information to know how many users per hourly/daily/weekly/monthly intervals successfully established VPN connections to our service. This information correlated with the above event results, is helping our engineers to determine if there are any network issues which might prevent users from starting the service, identify peak hour intervals for our service so we can have the infrastructure scaled to meet the requests, etc.
Privacy Policy - CyberGhost VPN

TL;DR CyberGhost contradicts itself on logs and collection in its own privacy policy.

I recommend F-Secure Freedome or Windscribe.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
F-Secure
The best way is to Not using VPN's with own client executable included, the best idea is to ask there where your provider to get the grand list of tunnel on his database (RemoteHosts+User+Pass), then get a custom client where you can attach several vpns services in a large list + search tab. for example: I have Nord, Air, Windscribe, Express, all of them together manipulated with the Viscocity VPN client software, you will save hdd and space memory, you will gain privacy, and customize everything to your choice. the last named are the best.

Forgot your password?