Recently switched to VPN.ac and I could not be more happier.

Main reason why I chose VPN.ac is because it is operated by a team of network security professionals. According to their website, these individuals have many years of experience with security audits and penetration testing in both the public and private sector including military.

Other reasons include only using bare metal servers and being based out of Romania. Data retention was declared unconstitutional in Romania in 2014. With that said, even though data retention laws don't apply to VPN's; the ruling gives me a good sense of privacy.

Jake Miguel

Level 3
Verified
Sorry to bump here. But I really need to share my experience with the new vpn I that I am using right now. I am using Express VPN and boy do I need to tell you that this VPN is actually a lot better than the rest. I am using it for streaming purpose only and its going very smooth. So far its been a 10/10 for me. No proxy errors and no detection.

I usually got errors on Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu. Its been 3 months and my experience with it especially with streaming is smooth.

Best VPN for streaming rated it on top and I am glad I found it.

The usual website that I used to read on was suggesting me something different but I needed to try other VPN. It was about time. It was laggy and was leaking DNS very often.

Cortex

Level 11
I've used Express VPN for some time but recently had issues connecting to US & Canada for Netflix, despite contacting their customer service & then switched to Winsdscribe a couple of weeks ago which I have a long sub with & have had no problems on three TV's either (two UHD) on the two US WindFlix severs or Canada. I shan't renew the sub for Express now. IMHO the best none streaming VPN for me at least is Mullvad, way ahead of the others for privacy, stability & ease of use but not the cheapest, continue to be pleased with it. I'm becoming convinced some (many) sites are placing certain VPN's high on their lists for other reasons that being the best?

Jake Miguel

Level 3
Verified
IMHO the best none streaming VPN for me at least is Mullvad
Oh alright. For me, Express VPN is working just fine now. I have tried US, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Hong-Kong and UK server. Worked all good. Lets see how far it goes this smoothly because I am really impressed by the quality it is giving me now.

@venustus yeah HMA has been like this for years now. Initially it was great. I used it long time back.

omidomi

Level 67
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Hmm, its an old post , btw my recommended are:
in level of privacy:
1-Cyberghost
2-Surfshark
3-ExpressVpn
In level of Speed & Streaming:
1-Express Vpn
2-PIA
3-HMA
Windscribe is sound good but some of their server are slow (not in all time)
I suggested to use CG & ExpressVpn :)
if your budget is not enough Surfshark is balanced between Express & CG ;)

Cortex

Level 11
I think some issues with VPN's are your personal location / Your ISP & often their routing etc. So many factors involved as with so many things in life the only way to find what suits you is to try them but: Some but not all VPN's are easy to have a trial with, others make leaving harder than getting divorced ~

Jake Miguel

Level 3
Verified
I think some issues with VPN's are your personal location / Your ISP & often their routing etc. So many factors involved as with so many things in life the only way to find what suits you is to try them but: Some but not all VPN's are easy to have a trial with, others make leaving harder than getting divorced ~
lmao very true indeed.

Reactions: Cortex and venustus

Cortex

Level 11
Iv'e not had much fun using R.O.B.E.R.T, when it blocks somethings its not as simple as a web blocker to put right, I like Windscribe very much esp. for Netflix but I still find Mullvad is the best I've ever used, for PC's

pablozi

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
I tried PureVPN, NordVPN, Cyberhost, Windscribe and few others which I don't even remember the names of.
My VPN of choice is Windscribe and I haven't encountered any problems while using it that's why I recommend you to give it a try and see how it works for you.

Cortex

Level 11
for paranoid user
cryptostorm
The website is probably the worst & most uninformative in the entire world & the Icelandic? company has had links to Douglas Spink who is an interesting man to say the least? The couple of reviews I read seem to indicate the company isn't quite as good as they think they are themselves, they do use some interesting terms. From my understanding they actually modify Open VPN which is a questionable idea, I think. Might have a play with it.

Reactions: pablozi

Latest Threads