Which Adblocker is the best?

• Adguard for Windows/Mac (Not browser extension)

Votes: 92 33.2%
  • µblock

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Adblock Plus

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • Ad-Muncher (Not browser extension)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (see post)

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • µblock origin

Votes: 142 51.3%

• Total voters
List of apps to compare
Desktop-based AdBlocking software
Browser-based AdBlocking extensions
What I am most interested about
Exclusive Features & Functionality
Why I want to compare these apps
which adblocker makes his work best and which protects against malware?
Which software/plugins you trust most?
Y

yigido

• I was a big fan of uBlock Origin (formerly uBlock) before. Then, I tried Adguard extension and it has a local filter for my language. I love this.
  • I tried free AdMuncher software and it isn't good as much as Adguard Windows (even extension). AdMuncher also does not support HTTPS website filtering so you will see ads on HTTPS website while using AdMuncher. (Youtube, Facebook etc.)
  • About AdBlockPlus, yes it is so famous but we have AdGuard extension and uBlock Origin. I prefer uBlock Origin over ABP. ABP has limited filters by default and it hasn't good and useful features like uBlock Origin.
I am using Adguard extension now. I do not want an application to filter my all traffic. Extension does the job well. On very few website, Adguard Windows can block better. If you have a key or you have enough money to effort, buy Adguard Windows. It is great app. If you want free, use Adguard or uBO. Others cannot be close these application's quality level.

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Browser extension is fine for those casual users especially if they provide aggressive yet effective within less errors. So as usual Ublock or Adguard extension.

Of course having a full functional program will indeed help not only to filter advertisement in browsers but from programs we run.

shmu26

Level 70
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
I recently installed Adguard. I like it. Easy to use, effective, system-wide.

Question: Should I disable the ublock origin chrome extension, or just use them both?

Reethu

• I was a big fan of uBlock Origin (formerly uBlock) before. Then, I tried Adguard extension and it has a local filter for my language. I love this.
  • I tried free AdMuncher software and it isn't good as much as Adguard Windows (even extension). AdMuncher also does not support HTTPS website filtering so you will see ads on HTTPS website while using AdMuncher. (Youtube, Facebook etc.)
  • About AdBlockPlus, yes it is so famous but we have AdGuard extension and uBlock Origin. I prefer uBlock Origin over ABP. ABP has limited filters by default and it hasn't good and useful features like uBlock Origin.
I am using Adguard extension now. I do not want an application to filter my all traffic. Extension does the job well. On very few website, Adguard Windows can block better. If you have a key or you have enough money to effort, buy Adguard Windows. It is great app. If you want free, use Adguard or uBO. Others cannot be close these application's quality level.
Seems like you've used a lot. You should also consider AdFender as I described in this post. I'd like to know what you think about it. :)

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I recently installed AdGuard for the first time since 2014. I'm really surprised that it is still good and effective.

Hey people, here's the one for you: who cares about adblockers if that freaking "cookie use" message is on every new page on every website? I use the default free ABP, and it copes with its job, but cookie... it drives me really crazy :mad::mad::mad::mad:

AdBloker is working fine at my end. I'm using it since last 2 year. did not found any issue with it. suggest to you people. if there is any best altertative that you have guys please let us know the comparison. i will adopt that also.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
I'm using the disconnect plugin.

To me it's a choice ; when we all block ad's like hell we will lose some very nice services in the long run ( youtube for instance.. )
For that reason i don't mind the ad's but i do want to keep out the bad stuff.

Disconnect does that for me ; keeps out the bad stuff but allows the right stuff

Varok

Level 1
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
can i use avira browser safety extension with ublock origin?

Anker_by

Level 4
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
I used Adblocks before and then i switch to uBlock origin more less Ads on web.

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Another alternative:

Install SimpleDNSscrypt set it to Adguard DNS, now you have DNSscrypt protection, blocks ads, trackers and phishing websites, and also a parental control instrument for your browsers. Of course it is in Beta so it wont block 100% ads some useful Ads might get thru. Adguard DNS - the free DNS with advanced ad blocking

If you play with your smart phone its unwise to configure your router to use Adguard DNS as it may also block useful game Ads.

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Another alternative:

Install SimpleDNSscrypt set it to Adguard DNS, now you have DNSscrypt protection, blocks ads, trackers and phishing websites, and also a parental control instrument for your browsers. Of course it is in Beta so it wont block 100% ads some useful Ads might get thru. Adguard DNS - the free DNS with advanced ad blocking

If you play with your smart phone its unwise to configure your router to use Adguard DNS as it may also block useful game Ads.
wow let me try that adguard dns ,my adguard trial already expired

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Qihoo 360
I am currently involved in the beta testing program of adguard premium and I must say that I am quite impressed with the program. :) I would shell out cash for this program for sure! :D

XxX Legolas XxX

Level 3
Verified
OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Default-Deny
I prefer Ublock Origin over Adguard software but you have lifetime license for Adguard maybe combo.

Ublock Origin for ads and Adguard for othere thinks :) ( in Adguard turn off ads block Because you have Ublock Origin )