Battle Which is the heaviest antivirus/security suite you used in last 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
BitDefender for sure, Noticeable slower boot, slow browsing within Windows Explorer / opening files. (image previews taking longer than usual to load)

Once I reverted back to a snapshot that didn't have BitDefender installed, Everything was fast and well again.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I voted for bitdefender since it was the worst i had tested slowed down my laptop a lot

Kaspersky and TrendMicro too had a noticable impact on my system

Trustport according to me the 2013 version is lighter in terms of both memory and system responsiveness

Anyways One mans food is Another Mans Poison

Reactions: advantage base

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
for me Kaspersky and Trustport was heaviest security suite last time when I tested, also Comodo IS was heavy for me in cpu usage sometimes it peaks to 100% in idle, not so usually only sometimes even though it wasn't scanning anything....however ram usage was just around 20 MB-30 MB....

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
used kaspersky, zonealarm, transport, and AVG and i found (fully my personal opinion) Kaspersky is a headache for my pc....... security wise its really good, no question, but quite a heavy for my pc :(

weeks ago, i uninstalled kaspersky and installed AVG free with CIS (antivirus disabled), quite ok for me for now :cool:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Ha, have not test any other AV in the last 6 months. In the past year I would say it would have to be Bitdefender, slow my machine down that much that it made me un-install it.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Well, I havent used an antivirus for almost 2 years but the heaviest thing that I ever tried was Bullguard. I really wanted to use it but it was impossible. I remember the folder in Programs files was about 650 MB. Amazing. Getting rid of it was extremely hard. Second place, Bit Defender, Bullguards daddy.

Bo

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
McLovin said:
Seems like Bitdefender and Kaspersky are in the lead of being the most bloted AV. :p
installed bitdefender after some heating arguments wit bizfear
omg|it was awesome light and fast

but......... it was bitdefender
give bsod twice
scan takes 100% of cpu and even don't allow to pause/stop or kill with taskmanager :mad:
have to switch off machine and removed it:D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Stranger said:
installed bitdefender after some heating arguments wit bizfear
omg|it was awesome light and fast

but......... it was bitdefender
give bsod twice
scan takes 100% of cpu and even don't allow to pause/stop or kill with taskmanager :mad:
have to switch off machine and removed it:D

It's a good suite but they need to improve on how much it uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.