Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Most trusted in terms of user base (when someone installs or keeps an AV, they obviously trust that AV), so . . .
  1. Windows Defender
  2. Avast/AVG
  3. Bitdefender
When you take browsers into account it becomes a different ball game
  1. Bitdefender (chinese browser + AV-user base)
  2. Kaspersky (russian browser + AV user base)
  3. Eset (indian browser + AV user base)

Last edited:

Korea

Level 1
Verified
Jan 11, 2017
ESET is the most trusted product in Korea.

December 2016 survey
273 people participated

25 means you do not use antivirus.
7 includes AVG.

2017-06-11_061546.jpg

D

Deleted member 178

None , they are businesses, and they want your money !

And i trust even less those offering free versions, they need money so they will get it via other means from you.

Now it is not because you don't fully trust them that you shouldn't use them. Just don't be fooled.

About the poll, i i am more encline to trust Emsisoft, Appguard and ReHIPS ; because i am used to "cooperate" with their developers directly so i can assess their neutral/friendly behavior toward competitors needed to ensure cross-product compatibility, commitment to their own product, and respectful attitude to their customer when issues occurs.

Last edited by a moderator:

low L!fe

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
I voted to Other (Norton Internet Security)
programs trusted (Norton,BitDefender,Kaspersky,McAfee,Avira,GDATA,Zonealarm.SpyShellter)

Reactions: BearHug and ttto

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
am all for trend micro as my main anti-virus & zemana anti-logger to back it up.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.