Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
:welcomewave:

My father is searching for a new phone which is good for him, but we are confused which one to select.

For what will he use it?: He is a doctor, when he is in the hospital, he may need to access the internet to get some information and save files using a word processor.

My questions:
  1. Which OS is the best for his uses?
  2. What are the recommended specifications for the phone?
  3. Which brand is good and cheap?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I think that Android will do the job that your dad needs it for. :)

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
If your Father is a doctor let him use his own brain.After all it got him through medical school.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
For security, i recommend the latest Nokia, it uses Windows Phone Mango !
I do not think there are many viruses for Windows Phone !

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What does your dad use at home, Mac or Windows? It might be better to recommend something that uses the same services.

I'm not familiar with Android, iOS or WP. So I'm just saying what I think, without experience.

Edit: I forgot about Blackberry.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
My good friend is a surgeon and the hospital gives him a Blackberry. 90% of hospitals work like that.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
What does your dad use at home, Mac or Windows? It might be better to recommend something that uses the same services.

I'm not familiar with Android, iOS or WP. So I'm just saying what I think, without experience.

He uses Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
blackberry is known to a good "office smartphone", nokia are also good. Sony Ericsson Expiria might be something as well. Take at least one with "keyboard"

How long does he wants to have the phone on?

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S II looks more sturdy.
but, I think if I have a phone like that, I'll keep it carefully (do not fall down)
:)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
win7holic said:
Samsung Galaxy S II looks more sturdy.
but, I think if I have a phone like that, I'll keep it carefully (do not fall down)

I think of getting it a cover (for the screen and the phone) when I buy it. What do you think about my decision?

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
if you really need that, use that, bro.
that just in case "maybe" your father less careful (when in a hurry can be dropped the phone)
do that, winlinux.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
win7holic said:
if you really need that, use that, bro.
that just in case "maybe" your father less careful (when in a hurry can be dropped the phone)
do that, winlinux.

Exactly. I forgot to say that he is sometimes careless :D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
You as a child should be told, what's good for your dad.
gives protector. to avoid the scratches or falls.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
After getting interested of getting a Samsung Galaxy S II, I want at least three people to say that it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.