Advice Request Which kind of firewall do you (prefer to) use in general?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which kind of firewall do you (prefer to) use in general?

• Windows Firewall only (Default or Tweaked)

Votes: 51 41.8%
  • Internet Security bundled with Firewall (E.g. Avast, Bitdefender, etc)

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • 3rd party Firewall (Comodo, Lavasoft, etc)

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • No I don't use firewall.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
What about ids?or other features like applications modification?
Windows firewall cant provides me botnet protection, ids, alert for application modification, detection of known vulnerabilities on the network level and more...
I must admit that I am not a firewall expert myself. I just like to quote the experts, who generally say that Windows firewall does the job.

D

Deleted member 178

What about ids?or other features like applications modification?
Windows firewall cant provides me botnet protection, ids, alert for application modification, detection of known vulnerabilities on the network level and more...
i bet you won't be hit by any of these in your whole life (and even a second life) unless you are an happy clicker.

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
  • I have Glasswire Pro because she is simple to use, and she will supported with german menu.

• There are some good security software here from Firewall..AV and so on
    but it is difficult to use if it is not available in my native language.
OT:
We are here a forum, where people come from many different countries.
Here in the forum we all try to entertain us in English.
That works more and sometimes less Good.

But I think it's very important we all use our security software
understand and if possible in our national language is available.

Because there are problems with the security software
that you use, and we understand English not so good.
Can the many helpers ..Moderatoren..Admins Developer, too bad to help.

Therefore, a call to the developers of security software here Talk to us, tell us if we can help you yours
Security software multinational Languages can.
Xtwilight

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello, I had so many problems after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 that I had to let Bitdefender go and use Windows Defender+Zemana Anti Malware+Voodoo-Shield Pro+HitmanPro & HitmanPro Alert, am I secure enough, I do not know very much about Windows Defender.:cry:

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I am using Kaspersky Firewall right now but will switch to Windows Firewall + Glasswire when Kaspersky expires to test out a new setup.

However the one drawback to using Windows Firewall I keep seeing is unlike Kaspersky's and Esets for example is it has no self protection which could put you at risk.

Reactions: AtlBo

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Hello, I had so many problems after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 that I had to let Bitdefender go and use Windows Defender+Zemana Anti Malware+Voodoo-Shield Pro+HitmanPro & HitmanPro Alert, am I secure enough, I do not know very much about Windows Defender.:cry:

Manueller Download: Edit that is the Germany version , you must the English version

Last edited:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
3rd party i.e. Outpost V9.3 really good intrusion protection which includes script filtering via the web control component.

As above very light and efficient and no need for real time AV(especially now with OSArmour on board as well)

Regards Eck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.