Advice Request Which kind of firewall do you (prefer to) use in general?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which kind of firewall do you (prefer to) use in general?

• Windows Firewall only (Default or Tweaked)

Votes: 51 41.8%
  • Internet Security bundled with Firewall (E.g. Avast, Bitdefender, etc)

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • 3rd party Firewall (Comodo, Lavasoft, etc)

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • No I don't use firewall.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Binisoft WFC till im forced to switch to Win 10 if i buy new hardware. Then i hope that the win 10 devs don't break it.
The amount of rules win 10 wants to get for that s.. appstore (and other stuff) makes me shudder.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I had similar issue when I tried it about a year ago. It would be a good product if it was stable.

Right now I use simplewall. I also like WFC but simplewall is lighter and easier(not that WFC is difficult) I wish there was a standalone firewall thats as good as Eset's firewall.
I previously thought of using Comodo firewall module only but then CS said not to do so.
@
Deletedmessiah
i want to know if it require reinstall of windows as i think i read that somewhere but i could not remember that??

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
@
Deletedmessiah
i want to know if it require reinstall of windows as i think i read that somewhere but i could not remember that??
Are you talking about reinstalling Windows while installing simplewall? If so, then no.
I think you got confused with UTM Simplewall? Thats hardware firewall firmware. What I'm using is simplewall by henrypp: simplewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.