Help Me Decide Which laptop is better? Acer vs Dell vs HP vs Lenovo (on budget)

Discussion in 'Compare Hardware' started by Atatrah, Oct 13, 2017.

?

Which one is the best between them ?

1. Acer Aspire E5 575G

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Lenovo IdeaPad 320

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Dell inspiron 5567

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. Hp 15-ay109ne

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  1. Atatrah

Atatrah Level 1

Oct 30, 2014
    #1 Atatrah, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2017
    Hey All
    I want to buy New Laptop
    Which one is better among these ?
    FB_IMG_1507898368776.jpg FB_IMG_1507898374677.jpg FB_IMG_1507898380612.jpg FB_IMG_1507898392930.jpg

Overkill, SKOGSDOTTER, Rengar and 4 others like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Level 22

Nov 8, 2014
    Student
    India
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    What do you intend to do with laptop, is it daily usage or any specific use case(s)?
    You need to purchase an SSD though and all GPUs in above listed models have similar performance.

3. rockstarrocks

rockstarrocks Level 14

Apr 16, 2017
    Civil Engineer
    Delhi>India>Asia>Earth>S.S.>Milky way>Our Universe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    It depends on the workload. If casual gaming is the only factor then I would have gone for Acer, simply because of it's much better GPU (940mx). Although I would upgrade that ram from 4GB to 8GB. And if you just want a multimedia device for watching videos then I would go for Dell, cause of the Full HD screen in it. Add a SSD for a much much better daily performance. Hope it helps.

4. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Level 15

Jan 16, 2017
    SSD
    Windows 8.1
    Emsisoft
    I don't know much about PC hardware, GPU and CPUs but definitely would recommend to have 8 GB RAM or more and a good SSD.

5. carsten ibsen

carsten ibsen Level 20

Sep 18, 2016
    retired
    denmark
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    In this case the HP got more power,but otherwise I would go for ACER.:)(y)

6. Vasudev

Vasudev Level 22

Nov 8, 2014
    Student
    India
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Choose Dell if you want to better service where the tech comes to your home for repairs. Choose Dell or Lenovo IMO.

7. LASER_oneXM

LASER_oneXM Level 17
    Content Creator

Feb 4, 2016
    university/IT
    Germany / Poland
    Windows 8.1
    Kaspersky
    IMO you should buy DELL or HP. Both manufacturers have very good reputation: their machines have a good quality and also their support (in europe/germany) is OK too. A lot of users on popular computer/IT-boards in germany are frequently recommending HP or Dell: at this time they have best products and best support on the market.

8. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    AppGuard LLC Virginia, U.S.
    The HP with the 8GB + 4GB RAM is the optimal choice. With all things being essentially equal, choose the system with the most RAM. In the long run the additional physical memory will provide greater benefits than anything else.

9. NikolayfromRussia

Jul 3, 2014
    I would buy a dell laptop. Unfortunately I have never had a dell laptop like Hp (I had IBM, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Packardbell and Asus). I don't like Lenovo as I've heard many complains about this brand. Dell has 4 RAM but you can expand it.
    By what about warranty for all products you listed? For me warranty period is also important.

10. hamo

hamo Level 8

Mar 30, 2014
    Eng.
    Egypt
    Windows 10
    I am HP user ( 3 Laptops ) , HARD WORK.

Attached Files:

11. zzz00m

zzz00m Level 3

Jun 10, 2017
    USA
    Windows 10
    Avira
    I bought a comparable Acer a couple years ago, and my biggest regret since upgrading to Windows 10, is the 4GB memory. It really could use 8GB, which I think is optimal for Windows 10 for most uses. I have a desktop with 8GB and it never maxes out, but I can't say the same for the laptop with only 4GB.

I also wish it had a SSD, but that is usually not an issue once the computer has booted up and settled down after a few minutes while all the scheduled housekeeping tasks run. My desktop on the other hand, with SSD, starts up and runs through all that in seconds.

Other than that my Acer Aspire has been a dependable machine, inexpensive, and good for what I bought it for. A decent mobile office for travel.

12. LASER_oneXM

LASER_oneXM Level 17
    Content Creator

Feb 4, 2016
    university/IT
    Germany / Poland
    Windows 8.1
    Kaspersky
    ^^ yes i also think that (total) 8 GB RAM and a SSD is absolutely necessary and recommended for every average user.
    The average memory usage on my gaming laptop (win 8.1) is 3-4 GB... ...therefore i would say upgrading RAM to
    (total) 8GB RAM is a must. An SSD is also a very "nice" feature and means a lot of performane for your machine.
    Already About 4-5 years ago i upgraded all my machines with (min.) 8 GB RAM and an SSD.

13. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    AppGuard LLC Virginia, U.S.
    Today's browsers can easily consume 750 MB or more memory. More like over 1 GB during normal browsing with multiple tabs open.

14. Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro Level 29
    Trusted

Aug 3, 2013
    EMSISOFT Re-Seller
    India
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Let me give you a best tip in choosing a laptop.
    1. I suggest you to choose a non GPU laptop which would give you more life of your laptop MB. My suggestion is for the Acer in the list. But if u ask my personal opinion I would ask you to search for Asus laptops.
    2. An SSD is a wise choice, but why pay extra for the inbuilt variant? Buy a laptop with HDD for a much lower price and later Upgrade it with a SSD which will be equal to the same price and hence you gain more profit. Do the same with the RAM
    3. My choice of brands would be in the order, Asus >> Acer >> Dell >> Lenovo >> HP

Weebarra, venustus, Vasudev and 2 others like this.
  15. zzz00m

zzz00m Level 3

Jun 10, 2017
    USA
    Windows 10
    Avira
    Another thing to consider is how easy is the laptop to access the RAM and hard drive. With my Acer I should have ordered one with 8GB from the factory, as the memory is only accessible with a complete teardown. It is located UNDER the mainboard. At least it has another socket, and the one existing module is not soldered in place. I build my own desktops, but a laptop teardown is a project I will wait for, because I fear damaging the unit.

The HDD is located under the keyboard, so that part would be relatively easy. But if I go that route, I will probably do it all at once and add the RAM too!

Bottom line is that my Acer unit has no internal access from the bottom of the case. I would recommend checking any models you plan to buy if you plan to upgrade parts yourself.

16. LASER_oneXM

LASER_oneXM Level 17
    Content Creator

Feb 4, 2016
    university/IT
    Germany / Poland
    Windows 8.1
    Kaspersky
    ^^ upgrading (RAM, SSD, optical drive) and cleaning (fan) laptops is not very easy: before buying you should try
    to find videos/how-tos (e.g. on youtube) that show how to disassemble/clean your laptop.

17. SKOGSDOTTER

SKOGSDOTTER Level 1

Sep 30, 2017
    France
    Windows 10
    BitDefender
    I think the HP would be the best choice if you don't want to make any upgrade. If you can upgrade you should go with Dell or Lenovo and add 4gb ram and a SSD because only 4gb ram is not enough today.

18. Vasudev

Vasudev Level 22

Nov 8, 2014
    Student
    India
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Dell for easy servicing w/o warranty void and upgrades.
    How iGPU increases longevity of a laptop?

Weebarra, venustus and Deletedmessiah like this.
  19. venustus

venustus Level 43
    Content Creator Trusted

Dec 30, 2012
    Sydney
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Heat amongst other things especially if you will by using GPU intensive apps like games/3DS MAx Maya etc..;)
    Laptops can't handle heat very well unless you spend the money on an Asus ROG or Alienware or other high performance laptops but they cost a fortune!!!

BryanB, Purshu_Pro, Weebarra and 4 others like this.
  20. Vasudev

Vasudev Level 22

Nov 8, 2014
    Student
    India
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Nah I don't believe it. A repaste will solve thermal related issues. If you want to run Workstation based apps then both desktop and laptops(with 7700k or 8700k) are expensive with Top end GPUs from AMD or Nvidia.
    Even Alienware, ASUS Rog, Razer( Worst crap PC ever produced) are riddled with heat issues.
    It took me nearly a year to fix my Alienware thermal issues. Repaste and optimal repadding did the trick. GTA V on ultra never crosses above 65C on both CPU and GPU(near passive fans). As for witcher 3 on high settings tops out CPU 65C and GPU at 75C with active fans running at 2500-4000rpms.
    On max fans it will be 10C cooler.

venustus and Weebarra like this.