Battle Which Malware Protection Would You Use for Kindle Fire

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hey everyone! So I use Kindle Fire platform. It is pretty basic on it's pasture list and was wondering what could be the most effective at protecting my device? (Installing apps from unknown places is disabled)

Notes:
Bitdefender has a couple of confusing counterparts. There is a mobile security and AV Free, both are free on the google play store. (Free Antivirus Mobile Apps - Bitdefender Toolbox)
Zemana (Pandora) was just released a couple of days ago and hasn't been well known yet. (Has 1 5 star review)

Like I restated before I am currently using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile but it's a bit heavy. If you guys really recommend it to me then that's ok, but feel free to decide as all help will be appreciated. :)

Reactions: Sand

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
Bitdefender (paid ver) is very light and offer maximum protection, Zemana Pandora (paid ver) have 4.4 star and I use on one of my phones and is very good also. If you decide to use Zemana, leave me a pm and I will give you 1 genuine license valid 365 days, or 6 months Bitdefender Mobile Security.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would go with AVAST Mobile Free or another free version
On the kindle as long as you don't allow installing apps from unknown sources I think you would be fine with nothing.
Unless of course you are emailing,browsing etc.
I only read on mine and aside from purchasing new books via Amazon Prime and couple games I do not do anything else.
I have never had protection and have never had a problem.

Reactions: Shadowave and RXZ6Q

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.