Battle Which of these three should I choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello.

I have one year licences for both Ad-Aware and Trustport. I have uninstalled them for I was having issues with them.

Then I installed BitDefender AV+ 2015. However, sometimes the services of BD would stop working, and work again after 10 minutes.

Now, customer support from Ad-Aware and TrustPort have contacted me - I hate to uninstall and reinstall. Should I stick to BD or try out the solutions offered by the two?

Which is stringer in protection and lighter? (I feel BitDefender!)

...I am tempted to go back to ESET... never had an issue with it. Still much more stable than all these three, even with ESET 8 Beta.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dima007

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
ESET is the best choice down there.

Before returning to ESET,I recommendt you to try Emsisoft AntiMalware.(Although Emsisoft Internet Security is recently released(EAM + Online Armor) but I prefer EAM because I believe in Windows Firewall's efficacy)

Last edited:
Reactions: silversurfer

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
Use ESET... I used Bitdefender for about a year so many false positive ...i tried Emsisoft their Behavior Blocker Even Blocked My Touchpad Drivers
Also Look At Norton 360 Lighter then ESET :)

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
For me AdAware is a little bit heavy.. I don't really trust BitDefender. And I've never used TrustPort..
I've tested ESET and it's very light and great at detection. That's the way to go...

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
under your selection ESET has the best performance and the best detection... my choice would be ESET

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Am sure everyone will be posting their favorites :p

You'll be back to square one after reading all the replies. o_O

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Am sure everyone will be posting their favorites :p

You'll be back to square one after reading all the replies. o_O

ESET is far from being my favorite, Kaspersky is.
None the less, I actually included arguments and facts in my reply to sound exactly like the opposite of what you just described.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
ESET is far from being my favorite, Kaspersky is.
None the less, I actually included arguments and facts in my reply to sound exactly like the opposite of what you just described.

That's a very suitable answer, but no one takes the time to describe 'em, like many other replies here.. :D

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
My answer is very simple. Who do you trust to keep your PC free from malware?
I use the free version of MSE and MBAM Pro. I think ESET and MBAM Pro will get along just fine.
You want 100%? Forget that! Just use what you think is right for you and practice safe browsing.
I have not been infected in years. Add WOT to your browsers!
https://www.mywot.com/en/download
PS When I want to check my PC for malware, I run ESET on line snanner. ESET has never found any thing yet
That's good thing. ESET would be my choice of the ones you listed. I prefer free.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Yup. ESET is the most stable and lightest. I am running issues with bitDefender - cutting my internet connection! Right now, I'm in Safe Mode, able to surf because BitDefender isn't running!

BD has become light in my system but I plan of uninstalling it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.