Battle Which one is best android smartphone in overall performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Which one of them is best Android Smartphone in overall performance and why?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do they all run the same version of Android, because that may be a factor to take into consideration. :read:

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Earth said:
Do they all run the same version of Android, because that may be a factor to take into consideration. :read:

Overall means everything...
OS version(doesn't matter which version), Development, Support, Hardware, Camera, Reliability, Speed etc

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Those high end phones like the HTC One and S4 are a waste of money for most of the people. I know people that buy them for things like web browsing, light games and video streaming.That's like driving a Ferrari at 30km/h on a track with no speed limit. I used to have a Galaxy Mini 2 and I did things on it that people thought it was not possible on such a phone. Yes It wasn't the best experiece, there were lags when browsing desktop websites (but what are you expecting from a phone at this price?), but I was so happy with the phone until I accidentally dropped it. :D
Can you tell me what are you going to do if you had a smartphone?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well it will just prefer from hardware specifications based, check from benchmarks where its ranking varies.

Quad core doesn't mean the fastest at all caused depends from manufacture made.

Higher features is more expensive but just be careful from advertisement when it claims complete feature than expected.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Well, I would have to say my LG Nexus 4.
lg-nexus-4.jpeg

Reasons:
System memory: :2048 MB RAM
System chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064
Processor: Quad core, 1500 MHz, Krait
Graphics processor: Adreno 320
Battery Capacity: 2100 mAh

And that's not all, this phone runs the stock Android version, without any kind of modifications that could slow down or drain faster the battery. Also to be noted that Google's recommended price for the 8GB version is 300$.
Now, why would you buy an iPhone or Samsung......?

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Those high end phones like the HTC One and S4 are a waste of money for most of the people. I know people that buy them for things like web browsing, light games and video streaming.That's like driving a Ferrari at 30km/h on a track with no speed limit. I used to have a Galaxy Mini 2 and I did things on it that people thought it was not possible on such a phone. Yes It wasn't the best experiece, there were lags when browsing desktop websites (but what are you expecting from a phone at this price?), but I was so happy with the phone until I accidentally dropped it. :D

So you're saying that mini2 is better than S4? :p

Z

ZeroDay

I've owned a few android phones and I recently made the switch to iPhone, imho Android doesn't even come close to ios.

Edit: But if you are going with Android I'd definitely go with Jacks suggestion.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Imran said:
So you're saying that mini2 is better than S4? :p

The phone that suits you more is better. ;) So can you tell me if what are going to do on your smartphone will be really performance demanding?

@Jack: In current place where I live, the nexus 4 sells for more than 500$, and I don't think in Imran's country it will be cheaper. :(

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Jack said:
Well, I would have to say my LG Nexus 4.

Reasons:
System memory: :2048 MB RAM
System chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064
Processor: Quad core, 1500 MHz, Krait
Graphics processor: Adreno 320
Battery Capacity: 2100 mAh

And that's not all, this phone runs the stock Android version, without any kind of modifications that could slow down or drain faster the battery. Also to be noted that Google's recommended price for the 8GB version is 300$.
Now, why would you buy an iPhone or Samsung......?

Nexus 4 doesn't even come close to these beasts like S4 and Padfone Infinity.
My cousin own Nexus 4. I was thinking of buying it but after comparing camera with my S3(still image capturing only) i decided not to buy this smartphone. I know this smartphone has great specs but camera performance is not good enough(for me only) :(
I am not saying that Nexus 4 is not good :)

I am planning to upgrade my smartphone but i didn't decided yet which smartphone i have to buy :(
Padfone Infinity is not available in my Country :(

Sorry for my Bad English :D

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
The phone that suits you more is better. ;) So can you tell me if what are going to do on your smartphone will be really performance demanding?

I have a small community of friends. Most of the times we compare our smartphones performance like Boot speed, Browsing speed, benchmarks(about 15 or more), multi-tasking etc just to enjoy :D

So in this case i need a best smartphone so that i will be able to compare my smartphone with other smartphones(owned by my friends).

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
@Jack: In current place where I live, the nexus 4 sells for more than 500$, and I don't think in Imran's country it will be cheaper. :(

In my Country Nexus 4 32GB price is 507.20 US Dollars :)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Imran said:
I have a small community of friends. Most of the times we compare our smartphones performance like boot speed, Browsing speed, benchmarks(about 15 or more), multi-tasking etc just to enjoy :D

So in this case i need a best smartphone so that i will be able to compare my smartphone with other smartphones(owned by my friends).

So you want to buy a smartphone for comparisons??

In such case I'd say the nexus 4 will beat them in performance, because there is no bloatware. But in benchmarks its not the best. Anyways I guess something like the S2 does the job for your needs if you don't do comparisons. :D

So if you want something without bloatware and with good performance, get the Nexus 4, except if you are planning to get an S4 or One and going to flash custom ROMs on them, which voids the warranty. There is also an official version of S4 and HTC One with Nexus experience, but I think they are for the US only.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have not tried any of the phones, but from what I want to get the HTC One looks quite powerful. :)

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
So you want to buy a smartphone for comparisons??

In such case I'd say the nexus 4 will beat them in performance, because there is no bloatware.

What do you mean by performance?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I believe he's saying Nexus 4 is the better than the rest because it's stock Android straight from Google. Other hardware manufacturers sell modified versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.