Which Password Manager do you use in 2019?

Which password manager do you use?

• Bitwarden

Votes: 34 34.0%
  • LastPass

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • Keeper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dashlane

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Sticky Password

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • RoboForm

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • 1Password

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Zoho Vault

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Provided by my security software (F-Secure, Avast, Trend Micro, Kaspersky etc. leave a comment)

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Other (leave a comment)

Votes: 17 17.0%

• Total voters

toto_10

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
Which password manager do you use?

I'm heavily considering Bitwarden. I have heard a lot of good things about this company.

I prefer extensions for Chrome over desktop softwares and I also priorities the extension to be secure and reliable. If it's possible I would like to use a free extension over payed ones.

What can you recommend?

I know that this has been discussed before but I miss a poll to give me an overview of what the community is using.

Reactions: CyberTech

permar4

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2017
I'll be brief because I'm on the phone.

I was a keepass user, but I had bad integration with the browser.

Then I used very little time avast password, kaspersky password... that really were managers of 3rd companies, as sticky password.

Then it goes to lastpass where I used it for many years, but every time it was heavier, I do not like very much the company behind and I noticed it very loaded...

I jumped to Bitwarden and I'm very happy, I would like some free function of the paid... but the paid version is really cheap.

I know there are others like 1 password, dashlane... but with severe limitations on free or expensive payment. I'm always looking for something free or cheap as bitwarden.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Bitwarden was my first touch with the password managers

Been using it for half year now, very satisfied. Im using bitwardens password generator to make passwords and simply login to websites with them, also theres option to check all your passwords are they leaked in security breaches

Reactions: CyberTech

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Left Sticky Password for Bitwarden. 2FA with andOTP. Nice.

When I get more time, I hope to use my server for Bitwarden and move from the cloud.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine-boy

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Been using Last Pass for years. Thinking 7,8 years or so. was included with Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete. Only still use it as a standalone, because I'm still burning free gratis beta licenses. I do have genuine Last Pass on a couple of machines, and it works fine for me. Have used dashlane on my phone, it also works fine.

Reactions: DDE_Server

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Been using Keepass for as long as I can remember and I'm pretty happy with it.

My only gripe is that it is built with .NET so running it in other OS than Windows can be a pain in the butt. I know there are several Keepass forks which run natively in Linux and OSX but I don't really like those forks.

I keep testing any other password managers but nothing clicked with me so far. Just use whatever suit you best.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Safe and light on resources :)
pen-994464_960_720.jpg

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
i've used all the password managers listed on the poll and some others. So here's my list in order of preference:

Cloud based:
  1. Lastpass
  2. Bitwarden
  3. Roboform
  4. Dashlane
  5. Keeper
  6. Zoho Vault
Local sync:
  1. Sticky Password (backups of LP/BW/RF data)
  2. Keepass (backups of LP/BW/RF data)
  3. Enpass - I am a former user. Please check the security audit report and evaluate this application's security for yourself. I am not yet convinced.
Top 3 - Lastpass, Bitwarden, Roboform

IMO it is a close tie between LP and BW. Hope Bitwarden's author can implement geo-based restrictions as well. BW wins the VFM round hands down and LP's pricing has got me thinking.

derleo

Level 1
Jan 21, 2019
If you want to use a cloud based password manager, i prefer Bitwarden. But only with 2FA enabled.

For a local password manager i prefer KeePass.

You may should considers, what kind of data (logins) you will store in the cloud. Money payment account should be stored only in a local password manager and not in the cloud.

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
An Anecdote – Brandon Davis – Medium

"When you first install BitWarden in your browser, the default option is to never forget the master key that unlocks your secrets. The first time you log in, that key is written to disk, and it might never get unwritten.
Even if you change the default option immediately, you get a copy of your master key on disk."

An old issue - but it dosen't really inspire a lot of confidence if you read about how fixing the flaw was handled.

toto_10

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
There's no best, goes down to personal preference and ones needs.

For me is KeePass (which isn't even mentioned in the pool), there's no way in my right mind I would ever have any passwords in the cloud.

I was actually going to add KeePass but the option to add is limited. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Reactions: harlan4096

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I use Kaspersky paid version ,no complaints,not expensive,and finally Edge browser has extention for it,It was so slow to allow many password managers except theirs which I had trouble with..

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.