Advice Request Which Rescue Disk (Antivirus) CD would you recommend?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I prepare rescue cds for some antivirus so i download rescue cd from sites but i need attach last update

kaspersky & eset i update them success

AVG download offline update but to update i must boot from rescue cd then update
does any method except this?

bitdefender i can not find any offline method
avast can not do it cos i must install it

i will search for drweb - trend micro - norton - gdata but if someone know help me

does any suggestion for best antivirus rescue to download

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
i will search for drweb - trend micro - norton - gdata but if someone know help me

does any suggestion for best antivirus rescue to download
Let me suggest some powerful combination of AV rescue discs
  1. Kaspersky recue disc
  2. Bitdefender rescue disc (tried: updates are stored)
  3. Avira rescue disc
With the above tools (if at all you need multiple products to scan via boot mode, one after the other), your PC will have the least chances of hosting malware anymore, be it boot sector or else.
This is because malware definitions are important in this case. All the 3 also have great complementary detection rates on VT (I'd love to add Qihoo cloud, but that's N/A here).

Now, add the following complementary scanners to focus on some other stubborn infections:
  1. Dr.Web live disc
  2. Anvi malware killer
I'm not mentioning Emsisoft, Zemana or eScan, since those are designed for scanning while logged in to windows (except for eScan, don't need it when BD is there).

Check out Sardu MultiBoot creator (there are some known problems, like Kaspersky cannot be burned with any other rescue disc in single usb) to burn multiple AV rescue discs and other utilities in a single USB :
Antivirus.png
You can set persistent storage for some of the discs as available in Sardu.
You can also add AIRTO for Windows troubleshooting in Sardu :)

Last edited:

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I download them all but main problem update them offline and add update to rescue disk

I update Kaspersky and eset but faild to update bitdefender
I searched alot but failed to find page describe that

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I download them all but main problem update them offline and add update to rescue disk

I update Kaspersky and eset but faild to update bitdefender
I searched alot but failed to find page describe that
I haven't tried that. Why bother with updating offline everytime. You'll have to download the updates offline again and again and feed them right?

Most of the times Networking is available when using these AV rescue tools as most of them are based on some Linux distro/base that allow networking irrespective of the host issues.
Hence, you should be able to connect to the net for updating, before performing scans.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I haven't tried that. Why bother with updating offline everytime. You'll have to download the updates offline again and again and feed them right?

Most of the times Networking is available when using these AV rescue tools as most of them are based on some Linux distro/base that allow networking irrespective of the host issues.
Hence, you should be able to connect to the net for updating, before performing scans.
I know that point of updating before scan
But I want to update first cos I use it at work and sometimes
We have no connection to internet

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I know that point of updating before scan
But I want to update first cos I use it at work and sometimes
We have no connection to internet

Then it's maybe the best to create a Hirens Boot USB (or CD) and have an Emsisoft Emergency Kit. Update EEK from time to time on the system that has active internet connection, and put all the files on USB you want to preform the cleaning from. EEK will run on MiniXP implemented in Hirens Boot CD.

You can do the same thing with MalwareBytes as they release offline antimalware definitions once per week
Download Malwarebytes Database - MajorGeeks

With rescue disks you have to try each one. Some don't support Secure Boot. Others are prone to critical false positives. Some don't get along with certain system configurations.

"Which is best rescue disk" is not the route to take without any actual testing of the product. If you don't test, and select only based upon "reputation," the product might very well fail you when you need it most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.